4.30s

Mark99GT

Established Member
Cruising w/4.30’s in a DOHC is perfect. It’s the perfect gear for that engine. You will love it. It’s hard to explain without actually experiencing it, but a DOHC w/factory gears lugs in the 3-4th gear range when say trying to do 35-40mph. After 4.30’s, driving in the same gear, the car is drivable, it doesn’t “scream” in the rpm range as you may think, it won’t lug and you won’t have to shift to a lower gear just to keep the car from lugging….

I would do 4.30’s in any DOHC. It really woke the car up and it was so much more enjoyable to drive with those rear diff gears.

I think this is it, you need to drive it to understand. Unfortunately I've never driven anything other than stock 3.27s. I'll have to just do it and if for some reason I don't like it, I'll just swap 'em out for something else...looks like this will be a fall project.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
My motives are super quiet no noise at all. I give them a thumbs up

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Good to hear that. Its always mixed reviews. Personally ive always been a fan of FRPP gears because you dont have to set the pinion depth if it was correct from the factory. Use the same shim and it goes back together the same.

boost88

Established Member
Yeah that was a draw back. I think we tore it apart 4 or 5 times setting everything. First assembly went super smooth, perfect backlash and preload but the pattern was way too shallow. Just all a part of the game. I had an experienced friend help me out now I'm pretty confident I could tackle another set by myself

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread