4.30's are in....

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
and dam its nice. feels like a totaled dif car now. :p goes through gears like nothing, before i know it im already in 5th. haha. has anyone else gotten this weird vib at like 50-60mph in 5th gear ?? we did a 180 rotate on the drive shaft and it helpd a lil with the vib. still there a tad but not that bad like before.. i wanna get on it but gotta get a good break in first :bash:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
ya, ill be ordering that next. i got some Nitto Dr's 285's and they dont hook that well. and there farly new. =/ whats the top speed with 4.30's ??

99 svtcobra

all gears have a little vibration in them. Make sure you checked the back lash and the pinion depth. If you did then its jut the gear itself. won't hurt anything. just damn annoying!!!!

cobrafan

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
1999-COBRA-6661 said:
Do you think he would break a half shaft?

Maybe, but this is a good question. When you start mentioning aftermarket things you never know. It might break on the first run, or it might last for 50.

Just dont be suprised when it does snap. I snapped mine on 305/35/18 nitto 555r's.

green99_svt

Established Member
cobrafanforever said:
all gears have a little vibration in them. Make sure you checked the back lash and the pinion depth. If you did then its jut the gear itself. won't hurt anything. just damn annoying!!!!

cobrafan

gears when properly set up should not vibrate at all.

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
I'll be doing 4.30s soon, I already have the gears. I need to adapt an 03 driveshaft that I have and get some stronger halfshafts first. Then I'll do all that at once.

http://www.pstds.com/
These guys make awesome driveshafts and you don't even need to measure your driveshaft. They have Alum. Driveshafts for the Tremec 3650 at $350. Get it in 2 days. If you're daring, go Carbon Fiber with these guys $588 with steel yoke. $800 with aluminum yoke.

What ever you do, don't buy a carbon fiber driveshaft from Paul's High Performance. Mine broke on the highway after a 20 mile ride. He refused to replace it. Thats bad business. :nonono:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
well, if your having vibrations, you might need a realignment. the halfshafts had to come out of the differential and the diff needed to be dropped...which means your alignment on the rear is un-accurate now. get a realignment. i had to get one when i put in my 3.73s...

marek

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
thanks man, ill have to check into that. the more these gears break in the better the feel, makes it a total diff car now. haha

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
well, if your having vibrations, you might need a realignment. the halfshafts had to come out of the differential and the diff needed to be dropped...which means your alignment on the rear is un-accurate now. get a realignment. i had to get one when i put in my 3.73s...

marek

The only thing that would cause is bad camber, I can't imagine that causing any kind of vibration,

green99_svt

Established Member
BlueStripe said:
The only thing that would cause is bad camber, I can't imagine that causing any kind of vibration,

well not exactly true. if camber is upset then toe will be off too. toe usually does not create a vibe unless extreme and uslually improper toe will just scrub your tires bald. i bet the drive shaft could use a balance.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:

marek

if they pulled your irs apart properly you shouldnt need a alignment.
its been awhile since ive worked on the irs but if they pulled your lower bolts on the spindle to take out the half shafts then you shouldnt need any adustment. because all of your adjustment is in the top bolt. and there is no reasont they should have turn in or out either of your tierods.

J

Users who are viewing this thread