4.3 Gears bought! Did I do right thing??

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
im actually downgrading from the 4:30s back to stock. I just didnt like regularly cruising at 3k rpm half the time. plus shifting every 3 seconds got old lol. although the 4.30s are AWESOME for racing. have fun with the new gear!

Were you neutered recently?

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
same with me... im in 4th at 30 mph, and 5th at 39... it sux but i dont give a shyte.... buddy of mine with stock gears ran the 8th with me and was at the end of 2nd gear each time... i was at the end of 3rd but i was also slapping his baby butt everywhere

blkstangman88

Established Member
ford stopped making 4.30's awhile back. the shop i went to has yrs and yrs of experience and warned me they may make noise cuz of the different angles on the gears from the new company that makes them.

But i said f*&% it and after the install ZERO noise. they did a perfect job. luv them!!!

XR8XTC

Established Member
NA SVT,
no brother no tune in yet infact I havent even seen the car since its had new powersteer pump,MZ water pump,march UD pulley,Sparco EVO XL(for my fat ass) fitted. So now the 4.3s will be added to the mix while I am away and it should all be done by the time I get home mid July. Other mods I will do soon are passenger side EVO XL and rear seat delete.
I have no idea how this car is going to be as a street car now I have added the 4.3s I hope its ok to drive around as my DD.

John4cam

Established Member
I would never go with anything else N/A besides a 4.56. I went with 3.90's with the blower and i'm @ 6600 rpm through the traps, works well. I really didnt notice the gear change as I thought I would.

Last edited:

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
I just picked up a 97 that has 4.30's. I drove the car both city and highway and enjoy the ride. I'm an older dude and enjoy the quickness of the car. It is easier to stop the car and easier to drive. In fairness I do not do a lot of highway miles , so I just put it in 5th around town with no issues. When I hammer it with the DR's, it hauls azz.

siKFlowsky89

Established Member
so when i bought my cobra the guy said it had 4.10s in its but my buddy drove it and said it felt like 3.73s...how can i find out for sure what they are??

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
so when i bought my cobra the guy said it had 4.10s in its but my buddy drove it and said it felt like 3.73s...how can i find out for sure what they are??

only way i can think is tell us how many rpm's your at in what gear at wht mph and we can compare:shrug:

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
put the rear on jackstands. spin a wheel one complete rotation. count how many revolutions the driveshaft makes. if it's about 3 3/4, 3.73. just over 4 rotations? 4:10's.

Users who are viewing this thread