4.0 whipple

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would be very mindful of all that inertia sheering off you crankshaft snout running a 4.0 which is fairly common. Keep the boost low, don't spin it too fast and minimize abrupt changes in rpm's which will reduce the chance of a major engine failure.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Keep the boost low, don't spin it too fast and minimize abrupt changes in rpm's which will reduce the chance of a major engine failure.

That would be completely pointless though. If you can't drive it like you stole it I don't see the point. Myself personally I'd probably look at turbos before going to such a massive blower but that's just me. We all like different things.

SlowSVT

Established Member
That would be completely pointless though. If you can't drive it like you stole it I don't see the point. Myself personally I'd probably look at turbos before going to such a massive blower but that's just me. We all like different things.

I agree 100%

gabe1530

Banned
awesome, looking forward to seeing your results.
be prepared to have some lower pulley failures.
heres a pic from badass03svt (jake). need to weld the nut directly to the lower pulley. your going to snap those lowers like twigs.
image1_zpsaf940af1.jpg

BigWill90

Established Member
I have already upgraded the crank stud & double keyway lower pulley . Upgrading my supercharger was way cheaper then going turbo. I plan on going turbo next year utilizing the 2011-14 mustang .

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
The crankstud mod is by far the best defense against any type of lower failure that is out there right now. I just built mine up with the crank stud also, good move.

fr03cobra

Established Member
I hope you have alot of e-85 station's. lol I heard those have alot of heat soak better get the killer chiller or meth.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I hope you have alot of e-85 station's. lol I heard those have alot of heat soak better get the killer chiller or meth.

My 2.9 heats up like a mofo with that 3.0 pulley. I can only imagine the heat from the 4.0. I agree Killer Chiller, putting one on this winter myself. Meth unfortunately does nothing for heat on our blower cars. It's purely for octane.

stangfreak

Established Member

All these big blowers produce lots of heat when ran at there desired boost range. My tuner even sees it with the 3.4 whipples. Remember when the 2.2 came out? Omg it's going to run cooler than the eaton! Right. You were able to cook a steak on that thing.

nastynotch483

Established Member
Stock block car with the 4.0 pulley I still think it was making around 25 pounds boy can drive car runs in the 9s at over 143 mph! remember if you tuner knows what he is doing these stock blocks can handle the power.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Stock block car with the 4.0 pulley I still think it was making around 25 pounds boy can drive car runs in the 9s at over 143 mph!

I was asking to get a feel for what other mods he had. That's a lot of power and 9s at over 143 is impressive for just bolting on a 4.0 Whipple. Does it have cams, long tubes, weight reduction, auto tranny, solid axle etc. or is the 4.0 Whipple just that efficient?

Users who are viewing this thread