3rd Clutch Being Installed Under TSB

barstoolman

Established Member
Don't post here very often.........Just wanted you all to know that for the third time in 27,500 miles, my flywheel is toast and Ford is installing the complete clutch kit that is in the current model 2010-2011 Shelby. My dealer got the go ahead yesterday and the kit will be here in about week. As aggravating as this has been, its at least satisfying to know that my dealer along with Ford are doing the right thing and standing behind their product. Bravo!!!!!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I'm no expert on this, but when I get a new set-up, I'm likely going to want a new slave cylinder. I understand there is also a steel line that can be swapped in for the plastic one. You may want to at least check into the slave cylinder being replaced at the same time. Just a little insurance.

chuckstang

Established Member
samsies

2 clutches replaced under warranty (old tsb parts)

First one completely failed and the next one I had to drive for over a year fighting with Ford and finally I got them to install the 2010 clutch kit and guess what

NO ISSUES FINALLY

So feel good knowing that this should be the last clutch! Well until you naturally wear through it of course :)

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
I'm no expert on this, but when I get a new set-up, I'm likely going to want a new slave cylinder too. I understand there is also a steel line that can be swapped in for the plastic one too. You may want to at least check into the slave cylinder being replaced at the same time. Just a little insurance.

He will get a new slave

I just got this all done and I believe it was $1900 for the parts

new clutch, flywheel, slave and othe misc parts are what are replaced.

They are no longer doing the tranny rebuild which I was unhappy about because I tried to explain to them that I had been driving with a clutch not working properly for over a year and I Know that must have excessively worn my syncros but no go. Hopefully if my tranny does go while under the 5 year 50k, they will fix it :shrug:

barstoolman

Established Member
I'm no expert on this, but when I get a new set-up, I'm likely going to want a new slave cylinder. I understand there is also a steel line that can be swapped in for the plastic one. You may want to at least check into the slave cylinder being replaced at the same time. Just a little insurance.

Slave cylinder is part of this one as it has been on the previous two.

griz_83ho

Established Member
2010 GT500 Tranny Issues!

Not 100% sure but i read this and a light bulb went off in my head. I have a 2010 GT500 with 1k miles on it and yesterday when taking it on a 10 mile drive I noticed a jerking in the clutch when I was letting it out coming from a dead stop in first. I tested it again and I felt the same stuter in the clutch....is this the same issues you were having?

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
He will get a new slave

They are no longer doing the tranny rebuild which I was unhappy about because I tried to explain to them that I had been driving with a clutch not working properly for over a year and I Know that must have excessively worn my syncros but no go. Hopefully if my tranny does go while under the 5 year 50k, they will fix it :shrug:

Hmmmm thats strange because mine is in for the same issue and I was told the 2010 clutch is coming but I have been waiting on it for a week already.

I to am getting new pressure plate, Slave and 2010 clutch disk. My Service manager also called me yesterday to inform me that the trans parts showed up and they are going ahead and rebuilding it so when the disk gets here they can put it all back together. I dont know all of the parts involved but I was told the syncros are the part they were waiting for for it.

Last edited:

barstoolman

Established Member
He will get a new slave

I got a tranny rebuild with the original TSB......the tech checked it out.....synchros seem to be fine. My car went from running fine one minute to suddenly having extreme slipping problems in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and shuddering, in 2nd primarily.

I have read your posts before and saw how much aggravation and fighting you had to go through. Makes one really appreciate a dealer who takes the customer's word when there is a problem, checks it out fully and once the problem is verified by their techs, takes care of the problem, no questions asked, as they should.

barstoolman

Established Member
Hmmmm thats strange because mine is in for the same issue and I was told the 2010 clutch is coming but I have been waiting on it for a week already.

I to am getting new presure plate, Slave and 2010 clutch disk. My Service manager also called me yesterday to inform me that the trans parts showed up and they are going ahead and rebuilding it so when the disk gets here they can put it all back together. I dont know all of the parts involved but I was told the syncros are the part they were waiting for for it.

There are some backorder issues according to my service rep. My stuff won't arrive at least for another week but its definitely worth waiting for.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
My first TSB failed on my transmission, For the second I had to wait 7 weeks because they decided to put the 2010-2011 clutch kit in, much easier to drive, easier to launch, and way better feel!

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
The 2010 clutch disk is in high demand but in the end I think it will be worth the wait. I for one am glad mine waited this long to go bad at least I didn't have to do it multiple times yet. BTW my service rep said it was all the chatter that wore out the clutch disk it was almost gone but no hot spots so that was their best guess from what they could see.
There are a couple dealers with the 2010 clutch in stock but none want to come off of them because they have them promised to other customers. They say mine is coming straight from the manufacturer. Should be here next week.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Im having release issues with my 2010 unit now. Don't know why it took a month to show, but I also at times feel it in not only the clutch pedal but brake pedal as well.

I believe it has to be related to the master cylinder.

Im just not convinced its just an air bubble in the system.

Very aggrivating. I feel that I could count on one hand how many days I have owned this car with no issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread