3650 problem

air_commando88

Established Member
i have an 04 gt with 81000 miles. i have a steeda tri-ax which i was hoping would help the problem but... is it normal for the 3650 to sometimes not wanna go into gear? Theres no grinding noise or anything, a friend with a cobra told me thats sometimes when you come to a stop the pressure plate isn't aligning properly so you have to play with it which is exactly what i do and eventually it goes in. and its only when i'm at a stop also which i find weird its like the tri-ax isn't letting the shifter go over all the way so its like hitting a dead end. any ideas?

air_commando88

Established Member
ive tried that sometimes and sometimes it helps and other times it doesn't wanna go into any gear. could it be a synchro going out? i don't think its the clutch because i have no slip or popping out of gear.

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
+1 on the dropping to second then going to first.
Sometimes i cant throw her in reverse so I pop it in first then back to reverse and I'm good to go. I don't mind playing with it (no homo)

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
yea there still stock, lately for some reason though i've had no problems with it what so ever...kinda weird.

Could be that the teeth on the stock quadrant are chewed up and it has trouble holding the adjustment.. That was the case with my car when I bought it with 80k miles. I put on the Maximum Motorsports cable, adjuster and quadrant and it's great.

air_commando88

Established Member
Could be that the teeth on the stock quadrant are chewed up and it has trouble holding the adjustment.. That was the case with my car when I bought it with 80k miles. I put on the Maximum Motorsports cable, adjuster and quadrant and it's great.

how long have you had that maximum motorsports cable on? i've heard a lot of people just to find an OEM cable because a lot of the aftermarket ones are not that great, according to them they fray and break

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
how long have you had that maximum motorsports cable on? i've heard a lot of people just to find an OEM cable because a lot of the aftermarket ones are not that great, according to them they fray and break

It actually is a OEM cable that has already been tweaked to work with their adjuster. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread