351w going into '97 Cobra!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I think its a fine idea, it be a lot more expensive to rebuild that 4.6, its your project dont worry about some future buyer you might not sell the car too cuz its got the 351....go have fun its what the car is for

wldtang

Banned
don't be a vagina. If you are gonna put something like a 351 in it, why not go all out and punch the thing out to 408 cubes so that you can actually make some real power.

The 380rwhp you are gonna get out of a lame ass 351 is gonna get boring real quick.

I agree. go 408. I was going this route until all plans changed. I had all of the parts to build a 408. I had a CHP 408 kit, super victor efi spyder intake, 90mm Accufab TB, 42lbers, custom ground jay allen cam, longtubes and etc.
Then all plans changed. Now going with a terminator motor and T56.

I sold all 408 stuff except the cam, spyder intake and distributor for 351w in a sn95.
If you need any of the above parts let me know.
Willing to deal on them.
My motor was going to a street drivable 408 that should have laid down 475 rwhp NA.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I think its a fine idea, it be a lot more expensive to rebuild that 4.6,

how you come up with that, I don't know.

A new FORGED shortblock (not the stock crap in that 351) for his cobra would be less than $3600. He's easily gonna have that into his setup easily.

Even if he gets the longblock for $500, a decent C4 will run about $1500, plus another $500 for the transbrake and stall, then we have the $400 cam, the $2k heads, the $650 induction setup, the $100 fuel pump, the $100 kmember, the powersteering unit, the a/c compressor, the waterpump, the alternator, etc etc etc.

No WAY will this be cheaper.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
this is going to be interesting. i remember i visited a guy that had a 95 cobra r with a 600cubes carbed motor. that thing just sounded nasty....

foureyedmustang

Established Member
$3600 can just about build the entire windsor engine not just the shortblock. And thats with a eagle rotating assembly, 69 model block, and aluminum heads. you need to make sure you get good machine work

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
$3600 can just about build the entire windsor engine not just the shortblock. And thats with a eagle rotating assembly, 69 model block, and aluminum heads. you need to make sure you get good machine work

congrats. Then you need a tranny, torque converter, driveshaft, tranny mount, motor mounts, power steering pump, kmember, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread