350 Lawsuit

Zeromaz

Established Member
Straight from Ford's website.. This is from 2015 and 2016. Boasting about the "GT350". Not the GT350 Track Pack. Not the GT350R. SPECIFICALLY the GT350, which includes ALL of the models, packages, etc.

"Adrenaline-pumping powertrain"

"Engineered for pure exhilaration"

"designed to overwhelm the senses with pulse-raising torgue and a legendary roar"

"buckle in and put your hands on the steering wheel of a mustang and you'll feel one thing above everything else: pure exhilaration"

"Ford did it with a unique, detailed approach that centered on making it imperative that every single component play a major part in the total overall performance of the system"

"the Shelby GT350 isn't just a combination of "go fast" parts - any tuner can build one of those. The GT350 is a specifically engineered machine, where the components work dynamically together as one and perform to a world-class level on all fronts"

What the hell is legendary about overheating? What is world-class about overheating?

You fellas really have no argument. You sound ridiculous. I'm glad I came onto this forum though. Reminds me of why I don't bother to join online communities or car clubs anymore.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What the hell is legendary about overheating?
You fellas really have no argument. You sound ridiculous. I'm glad I came onto this forum though. Reminds me of why I don't bother to join online communities or car clubs anymore.

Lol... are you 18?

Any man that joins "car clubs" is exactly the type of person to cry, kick and scream when things go wrong after making the wrong purchase without due diligence.

barstowpo

Established Member
Had I known Ford would get their crap together for 2017 I might have waited. On another note, I just had my dealer attempt for the third time to put my splitter on correctly. Tomorrow they are sending it to a professional body shop to do it right. So much for a quality recall repair. Makes limp mode seem expected.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Had I known Ford would get their crap together for 2017 I might have waited. On another note, I just had my dealer attempt for the third time to put my splitter on correctly. Tomorrow they are sending it to a professional body shop to do it right. So much for a quality recall repair. Makes limp mode seem expected.
Makes your dealer seem incompetent, has no bearing on Ford Motor Company.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
Makes your dealer seem incompetent, has no bearing on Ford Motor Company.

I love how all these individual dealership's inadequacies is somehow a reflection of the parent company, and solely the parent company.

And @Zeromaz you're blowing it wayyyyyy out of proportion man. Don't know exactly what you want....Ford has a fix. And its cheap. Simple as that.

If you don't want to perform the upgrade then don't, but you can't bitch as you're the one not ponying up....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love how all these individual dealership's inadequacies is somehow a reflection of the parent company, and solely the parent company.

And @Zeromaz you're blowing it wayyyyyy out of proportion man. Don't know exactly what you want....Ford has a fix. And its cheap. Simple as that.

If you don't want to perform the upgrade then don't, but you can't bitch as you're the one not ponying up....
Can't fix stupid.

Mrdrbeane

As a man a few days away from purchasing a 16 tech with 6k miles on it.....I have to ask you gentlemen a question:

As someone who won't be tracking, but will drive with some spirit for 10 to 15 mile stretches. Am I gonna have any issues? And what is the Ford fix for this and associated cost? I have access to an airfield with no planes on it.

50k was my line in the sand but a friend knowing this found me a gt350 I couldn't say no to. Enter the 53k car I spoke about above. The finances aren't crippling, it's just with no track version available to me within 5k of that, I've almost decided it's this 350 or bust. Then as I'm doing more research I stumbled into this thread.

Thanks for any answers or tips, not a troll, I promise.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You won't have issues unless it's balls to the wall on a 110+ degree day. When I say full out I mean, Full accelerator the full brake the full accelerator again for a number of miles where you are getting 6mpg or less. You just don't do this on public streets.

If you're just Corner carving over an hour worth of driving you'll be fine.

I would try to get price down as though it will be harder to resell down the line.

CO Mack

Established Member
High RPM shifting and accel is what will heat it up.

I have driven mine pretty hard (well under 10MPG) over a long period on twisty roads and not had it go into limp; HOWEVER I don't hoon like that when it's hot...that's when other cars are also out.

barstowpo

Established Member
Stop and go traffic with a passenger and 80 degree temperature will also trigger limp mode. It's sad to see all the people who have not experienced this or who have coolers whitewash this.

Users who are viewing this thread