350 Lawsuit

Smm7PT

Established Member
If you are beating your buddy, it is quite possible it is for one of the following reasons:

- buddy sucks at driving
- you all are racing at the drag strip
- you all are racing in the highway
- your car is modified
- you are Cole Trickle
- your buddy sucks at

My GT500 is heavily modified, FRPP Resonator Delete, Borla S-Type axelback, and 305 MPSS rears.....

Maybe I am Cole Trickle... I had an 01 GT back in 03 that ran mid 13s bone stock, MT and CD never got their testers under 14. Or maybe still to this day some cars just come out running better, also maybe writers and Randy Pobst can't drive as well as they think. I guess my buddies car is down in power, could be due to overheating he never has experienced (sorry other 350 owners).

Or just maybe when you have a great set of tires in the rear of a gt500 it doesn't spin at the line and ridiculously oversteer and you drive with more confidence in turns and it can annihilate other <650 HP cars and below in the straights. But it could just be me, but I really don't think that's the case.

But Hobestly I think Ford made a mistake with tire selection on GT500, do you think it's too late for me to start a class action lawsuit for 2k back for my MPSS which helped me drive better on track. I mean if I wrecked on the GY tires because they sucked, smashed the front end and drove home from the track it could theoretically overheat. That's where this thread has been going right?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

lol

I know plenty of guys that driver faster lap times in "slower cars". Depends on skill, conditions, tires, confidence, etc.

I can guarantee that my ACR will be the fastest car at my track day at the end of the month, but I can't guarantee I'll put down the fastest lap time.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive driven both too. 350 is a superior handling car, by far. If you are faster in your 500, then you are either racing it on a "drag strip" like track or you just dont know how to corner properly.

Sounds like his is also a shitty driver. Anyone can mash the gas on the straight away.

Type of track also makes a huge difference. This is why 120hp Miatas shit all over everyone at Autocrossing... there is no straight away.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If you are beating your buddy, it is quite possible it is for one of the following reasons:

- buddy sucks at driving
- you all are racing at the drag strip
- you all are racing in the highway
- your car is modified
- you are Cole Trickle
- your buddy sucks at

My GT500 is heavily modified, FRPP Resonator Delete, Borla S-Type axelback, and 305 MPSS rears.....

Maybe I am Cole Trickle... I had an 01 GT back in 03 that ran mid 13s bone stock, MT and CD never got their testers under 14. Or maybe still to this day some cars just come out running better, also maybe writers and Randy Pobst can't drive as well as they think. I guess my buddies car is down in power, could be due to overheating he never has experienced (sorry other 350 owners).

Or just maybe when you have a great set of tires in the rear of a gt500 it doesn't spin at the line and ridiculously oversteer and you drive with more confidence in turns and it can annihilate other <650 HP cars and below in the straights. But it could just be me, but I really don't think that's the case.

But Hobestly I think Ford made a mistake with tire selection on GT500, do you think it's too late for me to start a class action lawsuit for 2k back for my MPSS which helped me drive better on track. I mean if I wrecked on the GY tires because they sucked, smashed the front end and drove home from the track it could theoretically overheat. That's where this thread has been going right?

You're telling everyone flat out the 350 sucks because you have a 54 at your local track with the 500.
That's like me saying saying the 991 GT3 and c7 z06 suck because the best I've seen is that they are 5 seconds slower than a 15 mustang gt that I've seen running at sears point.

Smm7PT

Established Member
You're telling everyone flat out the 350 sucks because you have a 54 at your local track with the 500.

Not at all, just saying unless you have driven both cars with nearly same rubber on the rear don't shit on the 500, bc CD guys can't drive and had shitty GY F1s stock, and said 500 sucks at VIR. Why do you think GM went with such wide tires on Z28 and ZL1. Anyhow I'm done arguing I don't really care, I've got a car that I can drive well and never goes in to limp mode. It may not beat an ACR but at least it's not a glorified Fiat or from a company that took a bailout...

Smm7PT

Established Member

Also by no means am I shitting on 350 either, I love it too. I'm just stating my opinion having driven both cars. And I'm pretty sure I'll own one someday, when the new 500 comes out and I can buy one gently used "that overheated on the highway".

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wish that was the case, my friend has a base. I never mentioned R or Track pack. Those are different animals I'm sure. Like 350 tech owners you might want to take a closer look at what was said....

You're pretty spunky for a guy that's been here a little over a week.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wish that was the case, my friend has a base. I never mentioned R or Track pack. Those are different animals I'm sure. Like 350 tech owners you might want to take a closer look at what was said....

I had to go back and check, it was not you that stated the 1.54 on track. You pushed your way into that conversation agreeing with scalecraft and his comment that the 350R can't match his 500 on his track.

It's very interesting all the camaro and now 500 drivers trashing the 350 and Ford. Yet the 350 is getting reviews the 500 only dreamed of and are still selling for way above msrp. Must piss you guys off.

Smm7PT

Established Member
It's very interesting all the camaro and now 500 drivers trashing the 350 and Ford. Yet the 350 is getting reviews the 500 only dreamed of and are still selling for way above msrp. Must piss you guys off.

Not thrashing 350 ever, and it doesn't piss me off as a ford owner that it gets great reviews. I clearly stated when (I admit with the assistance of my crappy phone and jacked up a quote) said I will buy one down the road that is slightly used and " overheated at highway speeds."
Somebody put a 20k bid on one earlier, I'll bid $20,001 Bob...

Btw you guys are so much better than M6G.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I am filling a class action lawsuit against this forum. My IQ has gone down several points after reading and participating in this thread.
Consider yourselves served.:)

I figure this is the only way I will ever be able to afford the outrageous ADM's on this car.

Users who are viewing this thread