345/30-19 Drag Radial

GarageLogic

Established Member
I love the 19" wheels on my 2010, but it's making it extemely hard to find a somewhat sticky tire for it. As you know, Nitto is coming out with their NT05 drag radial in early 2010, but to keep the correct overall diameter of 27", I would have to run a 345/30-19. It was already in the works to send my stockers off to be widened, but is there any way that i can fit that much tire under the back of the car even if I have the riim width to support it?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I love the 19" wheels on my 2010, but it's making it extemely hard to find a somewhat sticky tire for it. As you know, Nitto is coming out with their NT05 drag radial in early 2010, but to keep the correct overall diameter of 27", I would have to run a 345/30-19. It was already in the works to send my stockers off to be widened, but is there any way that i can fit that much tire under the back of the car even if I have the riim width to support it?

You'll have no sidewall and you'll hate it.

Use a smaller wheel.

bj

GarageLogic

Established Member
You'll have no sidewall and you'll hate it.

Use a smaller wheel.

bj
Well, I will certainly be using a different wheel/tire combo for the track, but I really want to keep the stockers for eveyday driving. With the 345's I'd have the same sidewall as I have on the stock tires, so I'm not sure why I would hate it. Anything is better that these F1's on the car now.

Carlos c

Established Member
A 345 is what I plan to use also but from the measurements I took it will not fit.
I'm going to do some fab work to get an extra inch or so. I will run 19 x 12's out back when I'm done on a 345.

R1Lello

Established Member
unless they run real narrow (doubt it) no way without serious mods to the car (hacking)
A 345 mm converts to almost 14 inch section width

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Nittos tend to run narrow anyways, so you MAY be able to squeeze it in there with some use of the bfh.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
I did see a while back that someone squeezed some big PS2s under the back without any MAJOR hacking. It was not that involved if I remember correctly. I think Justin from Lethal might be able to help you out too as I seem to remember that he stuffed some serious tire under his car a while back with minimal effort. Good luck and keep us informed.

ante

Established Member

I am running nitto nt05 335/30/19 on 11.5 and they do not rub but are very very close on a 2007. I cannot see a ntR 345 fitting unless it is the same size as their 335 nt05's on a 07-09. The 2010's have a little more room on the outside and with the right offset it may fit. You will have to get rid of the bump stop bracket. I made some custom 3 pc wheels from
I forged too spec to fit.
I think that since it is a 2010 if you go 11.5 / 12.00 it may fit.

Carlos c

Established Member
I am running nitto nt05 335/30/19 on 11.5 and they do not rub but are very very close on a 2007. I cannot see a ntR 345 fitting unless it is the same size as their 335 nt05's on a 07-09. The 2010's have a little more room on the outside and with the right offset it may fit. You will have to get rid of the bump stop bracket. I made some custom 3 pc wheels from
I forged too spec to fit.
I think that since it is a 2010 if you go 11.5 / 12.00 it may fit.

You have any pics, I would like to see how it looks.....Thanks!

Erick

Established Member
A guy on teamshelby.com widened his Alcoas to 12" and ran a Michelin PS2 335/30-20 without a problem. Using the Alcoa's goofy backspacing probably helped a bit. Considering Nitto runs small I think this will work for you.

R1Lello

Established Member
A guy on teamshelby.com widened his Alcoas to 12" and ran a Michelin PS2 335/30-20 without a problem. Using the Alcoa's goofy backspacing probably helped a bit. Considering Nitto runs small I think this will work for you.

.......except they stick out a 1/2 inch

Alcoas nice but boy did they screw up on the b.spacing

Users who are viewing this thread