339RWHP after tune on METH, Does this sound right?

quick94gt

Fobranator
Established Member
Well I took my 2001 mustang GT to Adam@STmotorsports in san bernardino. Car made 339RWHP with a vortech s-trim 8lbs of boost, power pipe, 90mm LMAF, Snow stage 2 boost cooler with boost juice, 75mm TB, accufab plenum, stock manifolds, x-pipe w/high flow cats, flowmaster cat-back and the car is automatic.
What gets me is he just turned the dials once for the meth, it seems to me according to light coming on and the boost guage the the meth starts spraying at around 5psi, the other thing is that I had set it up with the intake temp sensor AFTER the nozzle, he made me change that to BEFORE the nozzle, is that correct? I thought the temp sensor was supposed to be after the nozzle to read the cooler temps??? Im confused, should it have made more power?

mystickb1996

Established Member
yeah man on my Kb cobra i have a snow kit and my intake temp sensor is in the lower intake so it reads your charge temps, with meth.. and if you can datalog you will see how much diff meth really makes.. upwards of 60 degress lower.. yours is a centi so anywhere after blower would be good and def after the meth pretty sure someone chime in if im wrong but pretty sure.. you are right, how are you supposed to run more timing with no data on how much temp change you are seeing from the meth. this way it pulls timing if air charge is to hot or meth fails kinda, its not fail safe but def will help reading the charge temps with meth or without.. also adding timing...

leegro1015

Established Member
The only reason I can think of is that with the temp sensor after the nozzle you run the risk of false readings due to the spray making contact with the sensor. For example cooling it off.

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
Was there belt slip or anything that may have been causing the boost to be low? Were you getting your full 8psi?

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Numbers are definitely low mario. When your ready to get it looked over and retuned let me or ricardo know. Im sure kurgan can make some great dependable reliable power out of this one for you.

Last edited:

quick94gt

Fobranator
Established Member
Numbers are definitely low mario. When your ready to get it looked over and retuned let me or ricardo know. Im sure kurgan can make some great dependable reliable power out of this one for you.

Thanks Eddie, can't wait to go in for a retune. Just waiting for the holidays to pass, been having a lot of days off at work but will definitely be in for a kurgan tune in January.

racebronco2

Established Member
Well I took my 2001 mustang GT to Adam@STmotorsports in san bernardino. Car made 339RWHP with a vortech s-trim 8lbs of boost, power pipe, 90mm LMAF, Snow stage 2 boost cooler with boost juice, 75mm TB, accufab plenum, stock manifolds, x-pipe w/high flow cats, flowmaster cat-back and the car is automatic.
What gets me is he just turned the dials once for the meth, it seems to me according to light coming on and the boost guage the the meth starts spraying at around 5psi, the other thing is that I had set it up with the intake temp sensor AFTER the nozzle, he made me change that to BEFORE the nozzle, is that correct? I thought the temp sensor was supposed to be after the nozzle to read the cooler temps??? Im confused, should it have made more power?

Did you ask Adam about your concerns instead of posting here first? Adam does have alot of experience and he does some things different than other tuners, i don't agree with some of the things he does but he does get results. There must have been a reason why he changed the location of the nozzle.

Adam has told me that his dyno reads lower than most other ones. Dyno's are just a tuning tool, Does the seat of the pants tell you that it's faster?

How many miles are on your car? Being you are an automatic your numbers will be about 20-30 less than the a manual trans.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Power sounds good to me man. It's a auto, I don't know if everyone is seeing that or not. If it was 5 spd then yea that would be loooow.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I would expect 360-370 through an auto, which is around where you would be at if these are mustang dyno numbers.

quick94gt

Fobranator
Established Member
Did you ask Adam about your concerns instead of posting here first? Adam does have alot of experience and he does some things different than other tuners, i don't agree with some of the things he does but he does get results. There must have been a reason why he changed the location of the nozzle.

Adam has told me that his dyno reads lower than most other ones. Dyno's are just a tuning tool, Does the seat of the pants tell you that it's faster?

How many miles are on your car? Being you are an automatic your numbers will be about 20-30 less than the a manual trans.

Dyno was a dynojet, asked about the sensor and all he said is that it would get wet...snow said that's BS and it has to be placed AFTER the nozzle. It does feel better than before but my 94 gt with a 331 all motor feels stronger than this, will have it retuned and see were it is, plus he installed the meth nozzle with the screen in the intake (upside down) so I doubt it even sprayed the meth correctly that way.

racebronco2

Established Member
Dyno was a dynojet, asked about the sensor and all he said is that it would get wet...snow said that's BS and it has to be placed AFTER the nozzle. It does feel better than before but my 94 gt with a 331 all motor feels stronger than this, will have it retuned and see were it is, plus he installed the meth nozzle with the screen in the intake (upside down) so I doubt it even sprayed the meth correctly that way.

It has been proven the screen in the maf straightens out the airflow to the maf sensor. It stabilizes the maf counts at idle so that the idle is much smoother.

Keep us posted, interested on the meth location and the difference on your re-tune.

Users who are viewing this thread