315s on a '03 Cobra- DUW

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
That setup looks great! You did a great job with them. Do you feel that your performance suspension is the reason why they fit well, or can we assume that the stock suspension will work just as well? What are the problems with replacing the IRS bolts, because I always hear people trying to get tires to fit without having to change them out. How is the tire life of those Yokos compared to the other brands you mentioned?

The stock suspension should work fine. I just know with the components I have installed and the alignment that was completed that any lateral movement will not cause the tire to rub on the bolt. There should not be any issue replacing the bolt with the right tools and the ability to properly lift the car enough to get the tires off and hold the rear assembly steady. The tire will depend upon your driving style. The set I had on my Saleen S/C car that I drove hard lasted 15k. They have a 180 tread wear rating.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
Oh, while I'm at it, how's the gear swap to 3.73's? For some reason I don't see many people doing this.

I have driven two 03's and they seemed like they could use a bit more gear, and it was one of my planned mods for my sonic blue when I pick it up on march 7th. I'm assuming the 6th gear would allow 3.73/4.10's without hurting the gas milage too much, but perhaps I'm wrong and that's the reason why most people arn't making the swap?

This car makes enough torque that the 3.55s are a very good gear. The 3.90s should be perfect for a modded car in the quarter mile. I felt like the 3.73s would provide a little more in the low to mid-range rpms and it got me out of the drone zone on the freeway with the exhaust system. :D I tried the 4.10s and for me they were way too much gear for this car.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Do I see ricer tailights on that suv in the garage, or is that the way it came from the factory?

Also, you call your car dirty?:nonono: You should see mine.:(

Last edited:

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by RSXFMCJWR
Do I see ricer tailights on that suv in the garage, or is that the way it came from the factory?

That is a Mitsubishi Outlander and those lights are standard equipment. We needed a new Soccer mom vehicle. ;-)
I have already addded air pressure in the tires, adjusted the luggage rack for maximum aerodynamics, added a chrome exhaust tip, and placed F&F in the DVD player. I am sure all of the work was worth 125hp and the car should run low twelves now. :D

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
I have already addded air pressure in the tires, adjusted the luggage rack for maximum aerodynamics, added a chrome exhaust tip, and placed F&F in the DVD player. I am sure all of the work was worth 125hp and the car should run low twelves now. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hunter6

Established Member
One more question

Just to make sure I have it right then...on a stock suspension the 17x10.5's with 315's will not rub at all (even in flight) WITHOUT spacers but WITH the modified or shaved bolt head? If so where can I get this bolt?

Thanks

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Thanks for the info on both the tires and the gears. I was just hoping for a bit more grunt with the gears when NOT in the boost. Of course once I have the car delivered, we'll see just how possible staying out of it will realistically be!:) Oh yeah, what are those on front, looks like 285/40/17?

Bingo13

Established Member
Re: One more question

Originally posted by Hunter6
Just to make sure I have it right then...on a stock suspension the 17x10.5's with 315's will not rub at all (even in flight) WITHOUT spacers but WITH the modified or shaved bolt head? If so where can I get this bolt?

Thanks

Hi,

Depending upon the tire on the 17x10.5" wheel there is still a slight possibility of rubbing while in mid-air with the button head bolt. J69Gordon is selling the bolts and ARP is designing a bolt also. Good Info is located here- Linky to Info and here- Another Link
:)

Users who are viewing this thread