315s on a '03 Cobra- DUW

Bingo13

Established Member
Pics of 315s (no spacers)on a '03 Cobra- DUW

Yokohama AVS Sport 315/35/17 on AFS 17x10.5" wheels-
No Spacers or IRS Replacement Bolts.....
Dirty car warning- still not cleaned after the track visit...;-)

cobratirereardb.jpg

Last edited:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
<Wiping drool off keyboard> Those look great man! How long have you had the wheel & tire combo, and has there been any issues with rubbing? How are they in the rainy weather?

Razor.:beer:

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by akatherazor4
<Wiping drool off keyboard> Those look great man! How long have you had the wheel & tire combo, and has there been any issues with rubbing? How are they in the rainy weather?

Razor.:beer:

Hi,

I have had this tire/wheel combination for three weeks. I have not had any rubbing issues at the track or practicing for an autocross event this weekend. They work great in the rain. In fact no issues going above 75 this morning or stopping quickly with the wet roads today. I still prefer the Pilot Sports for an all around touring tire or the BFG KDs for pure dry weather handling. These Yokos are a very sticky tire yet are quieter than the F1s. The only knock that I have had against the Yokos in the past is they tend to get loud after half the tread is used.

Last edited:

juicedgt02

Established Member
I might pick a set of those rime for my 02 GT. I really like them alot. I wasn't aware that they make them in 10.5, I thought it was 9 all around?

Hunter6

Established Member
Question

You said no spacer or bolt right? Have you had any problems? I have heard others say you need the spacer and/or bolt. How did you get around it? Thanks for your help.

Bingo13

Established Member
Re: Question

Originally posted by Hunter6
You said no spacer or bolt right? Have you had any problems? I have heard others say you need the spacer and/or bolt. How did you get around it? Thanks for your help.

I have my car lowered along with a performance alignment. The bolt will rub if I go airborne. I do not plan on that event and if it does happen then the tires are the least of my concerns. I will install the button head replacement type bolt as an extra safety precaution. I do not feel like the spacer is needed with my setup. The shop I visit knows to remove the rear wheels before putting the car on the lift so I do not worry about the bolt resting against the tire.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
That setup looks great! You did a great job with them. Do you feel that your performance suspension is the reason why they fit well, or can we assume that the stock suspension will work just as well? What are the problems with replacing the IRS bolts, because I always hear people trying to get tires to fit without having to change them out. How is the tire life of those Yokos compared to the other brands you mentioned?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Oh, while I'm at it, how's the gear swap to 3.73's? For some reason I don't see many people doing this.

I have driven two 03's and they seemed like they could use a bit more gear, and it was one of my planned mods for my sonic blue when I pick it up on march 7th. I'm assuming the 6th gear would allow 3.73/4.10's without hurting the gas milage too much, but perhaps I'm wrong and that's the reason why most people arn't making the swap?

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by Lethalchem
Oh, while I'm at it, how's the gear swap to 3.73's? For some reason I don't see many people doing this.

I'm assuming the 6th gear would allow 3.73/4.10's without hurting the gas milage too much, but perhaps I'm wrong and that's the reason why most people arn't making the swap?

Umm, with this car...who's worried about gas mileage!! :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread