305/35-19 drag radial on 9.5" wide rear wheel?

phack

Established Member
Does anyone have any first hand experience with this setup? I hate the dinky 255 rear tires my car has and would like to put something much wider on the rear. American Muscle's project blackout car caught my eye. They claim they are running 305 MT drag radial with their 19x9.5" AMR wheels. Pics are posted in this thread: American Muscle AMR Wheels/Charcoal - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

mustang_guy

Established Member
I'm running them. No issues. They will however rub on an RTR rim or SVE drift's

Here they are on my car

3931aca8.jpg

4b0c8287.jpg

Bud

Established Member
Those look great, could probably use a wider rim to get the flattest contact patch and most out of the tires.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
They will however rub on an RTR rim or SVE drift's

Hows this work?

RTR and SVE's are 9.5 inch wheels. Offsets are higher from AMR's yes, but a 20X11 inch wheels with 315s has been run time and time again.

Any experience or just what you heard?

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
Hows this work?

RTR and SVE's are 9.5 inch wheels. Offsets are lower from AMR's yes, but a 20X11 inch wheels with 315s has been run time and time again.

Any experience or just what you heard?

The people running 20x11's w/ 315's without rubbing have around 59mm offset rims, that is how it works. "Aggressive" offsets like the RTR's means you get stuck with skinny tires or they stick out past the fender line.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
The people running 20x11's w/ 315's without rubbing have around 59mm offset rims, that is how it works. "Aggressive" offsets like the RTR's means you get stuck with skinny tires or they stick out past the fender line.

Even with a light drop?

phack

Established Member
Well I would like to do this with an AMR wheel like Mustang Guy did, but they are back ordered for "a month". How about the TSW Nurburgrings? They have an offset of 41 mm vs. the AMR's 48mm. Will that extra 7mm be enough to push the tire past the fender?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member

are you 100% positive you cant use the 305's with the RTR wheels? What if you have a panhard bar to center the axle? Will it not make a difference or what?

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Can you please define the rubbing a bit more? I have brand new sves and im about to order some mt 305/35/19 to daily drive on.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
due to RTR's/SVE's having a more aggressive offset than the AMR's they sit flush and maybe even a little outside the fender wells as is with a 275-285 tire. Throwing a 305 tire on there would work but due to wider tire being used its more than likely gonna sit outside the rear fender wells possibly causing a rubbing issue.

If your at stock height or maybe an inch lower they may work without any rubbing, but i dont think anyone knows for sure.

Me personally, i like a beefier tire out back and if it sticks out a little so be it. I have no problems rolling my fenders.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
There's nothing to roll unless you are talkin about bending the fender out. There is no lip to roll like on f-bodies.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
If the 19x9.5 SVE drifts stick out too much with a 305 drag radial how would the 18x10's do?

19x9.5 has a 35mm offset and 6.63 backspacing
18x10 has a 43mm offset and 7.2 backspacing

RTR 19x9.5 has a 33mm offset and a 6.5 backspacing

AMR 19x10 has a 48mm offset and a 7.4 backspacing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread