302 based street fox clips off 9.49 after sitting for 7 years on a 12y/o motor!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Went up to the track this weekend, one of my buddies was gonna help his friend with his N20 tuneup. Hasn't been at the track for 7 years, and the motor was built in early 2003. This car is a dinosaur for all intents and purposes.. it defies logic that it can cut 1.29 short time with an auburn diff and 28spline non c-clip axles.. plus it only has 90/10's, 50/50's, and NON adjustable uppers and lowers.. Either way, the owner was very happy to know the car still got it. Enjoy

[Youtube_browser]ucd7JL4-mx0?[/Youtube_browser]

NASTY5.0

DRIVER MOD INSIDE
Established Member
That car was running 9s before I could even dream of going that fast. It was great to get a chance to now many years later tune it for the owner. Great times.

mr2cam

Established Member
Surprised he didn't get booted for running that fast with just a roll bar..

jleews6

Established Member
Thats cool that it sat that long and still runs good. 20 years ago my friend was running mid 9s N/A with a SBF Fox and he did the same thing. He parked it and walked away and now it still sits just like it did back in 93.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
I believe an old school boss 302 block from what I remember. Best part about the last pass was, he nosed over before the line.. so there is definitely more left in it. He's doing a cylinder leakdown test, then if it checks out, back to the track with a more aggressive tune/shot.

mr2cam

Established Member
Is he planning on at least finishing the cage before he attempts anymore 9.xx passes?

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
After going to the track, he's got the bug back, so I'm assuming it's in the works, but if the motor checks out, it's off to the sept 5th track rental, to give it one more outing, and i'm sure he'll tidy it up... So in short to answer your question, No for now, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread