30 year old Inline 6 making 600+ hp NA

coposrv

Established Member
I have to sign into FB on my phone but I can see the vids if I look at the webview on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Established Member
Thanks for posting that. I don't FB. Someone else noted they were probably boss 302 heads as well. Back in the early 80s I had a Cleveland with a mellings HV oil pump that kept twisting the oil pump shaft. Figured out it was sucking the pickup to the bottom of the pan when I spun it much past 6000. If it has a mellings HV pump, even the blueprint model, I would switch to a regular non HV pump and put some little legs on the pickup, given that it has a knock and the weld broke. He didn't disclose how high they were spinning the engine, but the pieces and design assure its a lot. One thing about those old aluminum rods, they would stretch over time with big RPMs. Think I would replace the rods out of abundance of caution, and probably pistons and pins depending on what is in there for newer lighter stuff. That 3 piece pushrod design was cool too. I don't think they could make a pushrod that long as a single with the diameter restrictions that appear to be there. Don't have a clue on the crank, hope he finds out who made it. I would very much appreciate if he posts more videos that someone puts them up.

jleews6

Established Member
If anyone is from Rhode Island they will know Andy at East coast speed. He had this same setup 40 years ago in a Mavrick and I think it ran in the nines back then. I haven't seen him in years but i'm sure he still has it.

Users who are viewing this thread