3 storm chasers killed Friday in El Reno, OK

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I loved watching that show. These guys were the ones who were doing it for the research and to protect the people in the storms path. They weren't just driving around to take pictures and videos of them.

It's very unfortunate that this happened. RIP.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
Never being in a situation like that or knowing the environment, wouldn't that guy had been in more danger of being swept away being in the ditch?

canibus

Established Member
The way I see it, leave ****ing Oklahoma. It's always rebuild for those people. They get destroyed by tornadoes every year, yet they don't leave. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for those people. Only the children because they have no choice but to stick around with their stupid ass parents.

Coiled03

Established Member
Is that really true, though? Serious question.

Look, I'm no weatherman, but I believe it is a true statement, yes. Any time you study something as closely as they have, you're going to know more than if you hadn't done so. I can't quantify how much additional knowledge they've given us, but there's no way what they did wasn't adding to our knowledge of tornadoes.

I think a lot of people are confusing the companies & people who take "tourists" out to do nothing more than gawk at tornadoes, with people like these men who died that were real scientists and meteorologists studying a phenomenon.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
The way I see it, leave ****ing Oklahoma. It's always rebuild for those people. They get destroyed by tornadoes every year, yet they don't leave. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for those people. Only the children because they have no choice but to stick around with their stupid ass parents.

So Oklahoman's need to move out of Oklahoma because of a natural disaster?

I guess that means people on the coasts need to move away because hurricanes? People around pitbulls need to move because pitbulls?

...are you serious? :dw:

Last edited:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member

Good luck at "I'm the biggest idiot on this forum" awards. You should win in a landslide.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

More like informing the local news broadcasts and weather stations of the intensity and track of the storm to save lives. They made a sacrifice for the em-betterment of other people, are you jealous they were rewarded for the public's interest in their profession?

Maybe they got what they deserved in your eyes but to the rest of us they seemed to contribute a great deal, to include their lives. A pretty unselfish act that you need to have that pointed out to you and do not seem to understand.

Yes tell that cool story to the people they left behind.

You can't stop a tornado.

No I don't believe 'they get what they deserve.'

I believe they take an unnecessary risk, not thinking about their families and how you can't stop a storm like that.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

You can't stop a tornado.

No I don't believe 'they get what they deserve.'

I believe they take an unnecessary risk, not thinking about their families and how you can't stop a storm like that.

Their family's recognize that they died doing what they loved. Go to their FaceBook link and post some of your rude comments to them if you are 1/2 the man you claim to be. But I would actually recommend you post condolences and thank them for helping people know more about weather systems.

Unnecessary? Let freethinking men decide what is necessary. Your posts lately seem very sad, anything going on?

Last edited by a moderator:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Never being in a situation like that or knowing the environment, wouldn't that guy had been in more danger of being swept away being in the ditch?

actually safer out of a vehicle. there's a small chance that you'll get sucked up but a much lesser chance that you will be broadsided by a Volvo or a chain link fence at 300mph if you are flush to the ground.

LogiWorld123

Established Member

Often times, insurance companies require them to rebuild on the same plot of land. We insured your house, but we are going to set you back whole- right on your crappy plot.

But since the way "you see it" is through your anus, I am not surprised by your comment.

CSD

Banned
Often times, insurance companies require them to rebuild on the same plot of land. We insured your house, but we are going to set you back whole- right on your crappy plot.

So why not rebuild, put it on the market, and leave?

There'a a reason why California is the most populated state in the nation..

mtrsprt

Established Member
One of my good friends is a storm chaser. Has caught a few bad storms this year. Actually knew these guys personally. If anyone cares:

[youtube_browser]LobCDYO78Us[/youtube_browser]

Possible body @ 1:40

I guess some of you never witnessed a rain wrapped tornado..
This is one of the most intense tornado videos I have ever witnessed... That funnel went completely over that vehicle. The winds speeds OMG.....:uh oh:

No wonder why I have tornado phobia..... Nightmares of them.. :(

Jefe

Established Member
This was the widest tornados on record at 2.6 miles wide and 295mph+ winds. I cant find the article now but it stated that Tim was still in the car seatbelted in when they found him. They also found another guy 1/2 mile from the vehicle. Imagine being sucked out of a car and thrown a half mile. Probably didnt die until impact too

Such a shame it took so many lives including those that chase to save lives. Discovery is airing a special tribute to their lives tomorrow at 10p Eastern so watch/record it!

Dominator 2 is heading to a possibly tornado right now: TVNweather Live Chasing

Jefe

Established Member
Remembering Tim Samaras: Veteran Storm Chaser Killed in Okla. Tornado - ABC News

Tim was found inside his car with his seat belt still on. Paul and Young were pulled from a car by a tornado. One of them was found dead a half mile away.

Tim Samaras, 2 other storm chasers killed in Oklahoma; colleagues mourn - The Washington Post

The Chevrolet Cobalt driven by Samaras was found on an unimproved county road that paralleled Interstate 40. It had apparently been thrown, somersaulting, for half a mile, said Chris West, the undersheriff of Canadian County.

“It looks like it had gone through a trash compactor,” West said. “The car was probably about 60 to 70 percent of its normal size because it had been pushed and mauled and compacted as it was tumbling down the road. Like wadded up.”

Samaras’s body was found in the car, still buckled in, and the other two victims were found half a mile to the east and half a mile to the west, the undersheriff said.

Bodies a mile apart

UncleDan

Established Member
This is TIV2

[youtube_browser]LobCDYO78Us[/youtube_browser]

Insane. I would love to ride along with a storm chasing crew to see a tornado, but definitely the ones who watch from a good distance, like miles. Very sad about what happened to the 3 chasers. You must accept the possible consequences with such a high risk job.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
this is one of the worst arguments anyone could possibly make for damn near anything. the people they "left behind" have their own lives to live. i'm sure as hell not living my life for anyone else and i wouldn't expect anyone to live their life for me. anyone who feels wronged by someone else who died doing something that they enjoyed, maybe even had a real passion for, is just a selfish asshole, plain and simple.
if you want other people to live their lives for you, then there is PLENTY of "reality" shows on TV.

Their family's recognize that they died doing what they loved. Go to their FaceBook link and post some of your rude comments to them if you are 1/2 the man you claim to be. But I would actually recommend you post condolences and thank them for helping people know more about weather systems.

Unnecessary? Let freethinking men decide what is necessary. Your posts later seem very sad, anything going on?
...and also, what ^^^ said

Users who are viewing this thread