3 storm chasers killed Friday in El Reno, OK

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/stories/update-chasing-final-storm-5699.shtml

Storm chasers Tim Samaras (56), his son Paul Samaras (24) and Carl Young (45) were killed friday in El Reno, OK while chasing a mile wide wedge tornado.

Details of specifically what happened are not yet available, but apparently the tornado made a hard turn and hit Tim Samara's chase truck, killing him and his passengers.

Tim Samaras and Carl Young were feature members of the Discovery show "Storm Chasers" also featuring Reed Timmer, Sean Casey and Joel Taylor.

TwisterChasers Chase Team footage will air tonight on Discovery Channels special "Mile Wide Tornado" but more importantly the episode is dedicated to Tim, Paul and Carl

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/oklahoma-tornado

These 3 deaths represent the first fatalities associated with storm chasing and being caused by a tornado itself in over 40+ years of storm chasing. All other deaths have been a result of traffic accidents while pursuing storms.

Our hearts are heavy and they and their families are in forever in our thoughts and prayers.

Tapatalking in my GT/CS

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Mess with the bull........

Rip

I read planter was also storm chasing but not sure where

Sent from my office in the Bureau

SVT_4_me

Established Member
very sad. this is a picture of the truck they were chasing with...

130602155446-storm-chasers-vehicle-horizontal-gallery.jpg

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Some inconsiderate little pricks in here. These guys put their lives on the line to save MANY other lives. Unless you live somewhere that has tornadoes often and need weathermen to be able to help people decide when to get into their shelters, direction, timing, etc..then you need to stfu in my opinion.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
very sad. this is a picture of the truck they were chasing with...

130602155446-storm-chasers-vehicle-horizontal-gallery.jpg

That's not a truck, look at the doors. It's probably that Cobalt shown in the picture above.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

These guys put their lives on the line to save MANY other lives. Unless you live somewhere that has tornadoes often and need weathermen to be able to help people decide when to get into their shelters, direction, timing, etc..then you need to stfu in my opinion.

Radar, how does it work?

Without people like them, we wouldn't know near as much as we do about tornadoes and severe weather.

RIP.

You mean like knowing that tornadoes are dangerous and people should avoid them at all costs, rather than use them to gain some sort of celebrity status?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
That's not a truck, look at the doors. It's probably that Cobalt shown in the picture above.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

Radar, how does it work?

On radar they only see a hook. They can't see the funnel. Only eyes can see the funnel. And that's what these guys do.

Them calling the stations saves lives.

Coiled03

Established Member
You mean like knowing that tornadoes are dangerous and people should avoid them at all costs, rather than use them to gain some sort of celebrity status?

No, I mean like knowing how they form, what conditions cause them to form, and other scientific information.

But keep on trolling....I realize that's your style.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
thats sad but its the risk they take. at least they died doing something that theyre passionate about. its better than getting killed by a drunk driver or something.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
How so? They report their observations to the authorities, greatly benefiting real time tornado warnings to save more lives.

Not to mention that home/building construction and design is benefiting from the results of their "hobby".

hoamskilet

Established Member
the retard is strong in this thread. The information these guys provide to the scientific community is incredibly important and I'm sure they'll be greatly missed. These weren't just some clowns out to take videos of tornadoes to sell to news stations or get famous.

Users who are viewing this thread