3 speeding tickets!!!!

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
FBMphil said:
$150 a week eh? What kind of ghetto ass used car dealer did you use to finance this?

mommy is the resposible party, in all actuality, it is probably hers in every legal way. he pays MOMMY 150/wk, and she has to cut the check at the end of every month to FOMOCO. :kaboom:

jessdogg420

Established Member
A few years back,my wife got to 20 overs in one day! One going to Irvine and then one coming back on the toll road. I knew something was wrong when she came home with her eyes red. Whats worse is she fu#ked off trying set up traffic school and missed the window to go. So both tickets went on her record. My insurance went up around $70 dollars a month. It just went back down a few months ago. Now I got an 85 in a 65 last month. Oh well,traffic school online,here I come. If your were older you might catch a break,but being young,your toast. Good luck.

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Man it ain't so bad. Here in WI your first ticket gets 2x points and your 2nd gets +2 added if you are under 19.

Last edited:

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I think the best thing at this point is to give your license to your attorney and have him voluntarily turn it into the court. You probably won't be using it anytime soon. Seriously, learn how to safely drive and obey the rules of the road. The rest of us will appreciate it. If you need to speed, take it to the track.

Whitewolf

96 Mystic Cobra
Established Member
*removed by moderator*

Please read the rules and follow them when posting. If you cant post constructively without flaming, derogatory comments or flippant remarks please dont post at all.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:

nickSD

First Rodeo
Established Member
I think many of you have forgotten what YOU were doing at 18. I was no angel behind the wheel. Mid 40s now, but I still remember some of my stunts well. I say step away from the soap boxes and give him credit for working 60+ hours a week, and not driving RICE.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
nickSD said:
I think many of you have forgotten what YOU were doing at 18. I was no angel behind the wheel. Mid 40s now, but I still remember some of my stunts well. I say step away from the soap boxes and give him credit for working 60+ hours a week, and not driving RICE.

Why would I give him credit for not driving rice? He's got a terminator and complains when he drives 20 over and gets tickets for it. I drove a '92 civic my first 3 years of driving before I got my GT, so he'll get no sympathy from me. If you are gonna drive a car like that and go fast in obvious places, expect to get tickets. If it was 20 over on a highway, I can understand somewhat because I do that too, but if it was on a local or smaller road, that is just stupid because you WILL get noticed in that car. Last ticket I got, which was only my 2nd ever, was on a backroad at midnight, and the cop got me because he heard my exhaust (LT's, o/r H, flows) and figured I was going fast.

Yeah, I've had a few speedy driving instances, but I try to drive smart and when I get legitimately caught, I take it in stride. If I got 3 tickets like that before I was 18, my parents would have taken away my license and car before the courts even got the chance.

My advice is to give up driving for a bit, then buy a cheaper, slower car.

guarnibl

Established Member
20 over in a city is just stupid. If the speed limit is 35.. I'll generally go between 40 and 45. If it's 55 i'll go 60-65 and if it's 65 I'll usually go between 70 and 80. No more. I've been driving for 7 years and have received zero tickets.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
01trublue cobra said:
Wow how does a 18yr old afford a 03-04 Cobra and the insurance. Your parents must be rich or something
Actually I am 19 and I own a 03 and pay for all the insurance. :) My parents arent rich... :) I just have a decent job. :banana:

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Jforce05 said:
Ok to make a long story short in a months time I have gotten two 20mph+ over and just yesterday a 10mph+ over the posted limit. I contacted my attorney and Im only 18years old. What should I ask of my attorney to do for me I would like to just have them off my record or lowered to a non moving violation. I live in Illinois what should I do?

Thanks

Sell your car. You are obviously not mature enough to handel it.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
asskickn88 said:
Maybe slow down :shrug: I'm not saying that I follow the speed limit all the time but damn, 3 tickets that close together..... I've had a few tickets in my day but never that many. Maybe a loss of your licence would help you rethink your driving habits. Good luck.
+100 Hell I've even gotten a racing ticket but I've only got one other speeding ticket in a 5 1/2 year span. Slow down it really doesn't save you anytime...

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
See this boy isnt saying something?. trying to be all innocent....! one of my best friends owned a 99GT and got his head filled with octane, next thing you know he had seven tickets back to back all before the 1st tickets court date. I dont understand why everybody has to speed .. im being completly honest when i say that i dont think i have sped in the last 9-10 months. I shift out before two grand and i dont go over 60 on a 70mph highway. I can promise I have saved a few hundred dollars in gas, tickets, and rubber. just slow downi promise it wont hurt you

rev440

young punk
Established Member
It is possable to have a cobra at the age of 18 heck If I really wanted to I could of bought one at the end of the summer. But I didnt want to work 60 hours a week I mean Im to young and Im suppose to have fun. Sell the car and get a 4 banger that seems more your style.

Trooper4985

The Man
Established Member
nckissfan said:
$600 a month for a car payment? Wow! you must be pulling in some serious money.

Or live under mommy and daddy's roof and in serious debt. Before I turn 35 I will own my house and every vehicle I drive. Oh yeah... and I make 2.5X the median family income as a single guy. Not enough to be shot at and lose friends but it's better than most in the area make.

Taken from wikipedia

The median income for a household in the city was $27,292, and the median income for a family was $33,592. Males had a median income of $31,775 versus $22,350 for females. The per capita income for the city was $14,495. About 17.9% of families and 23.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 32.6% of those under age 18 and 12.1% of those age 65 or over.

Last edited:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
yea i dont see that boy working to afford a cobra.. whos going to finance that without a co signer for him???

crizzut

Established Member
who ****ing cares if he owns it/payed for it? I won't defend his actions, but when did he complain. Looks to me like he was just asking for advice and some people get butthurt that he made a mistake and is young with a fast car.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
crizzut said:
who ****ing cares if he owns it/payed for it? I won't defend his actions, but when did he complain. Looks to me like he was just asking for advice and some people get butthurt that he made a mistake and is young with a fast car.

1 ticket is a mistake, 2 tickets in a month is careless 3 tickets are neither a mistake or careless .. it is just dumbshytstupid .... this kind of behavior is what gives responsible young drivers a bad name. :bash: :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread