3 speeding tickets!!!!

Jforce05

Established Member
Ok to make a long story short in a months time I have gotten two 20mph+ over and just yesterday a 10mph+ over the posted limit. I contacted my attorney and Im only 18years old. What should I ask of my attorney to do for me I would like to just have them off my record or lowered to a non moving violation. I live in Illinois what should I do?

Thanks

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
Bend over, grab your ankles, and kiss your a$$ good by! Illinois has been cracking down on people ages 18 and younger for moving violations. My neighbor just got 2 movers within 6 months and they are suspending his license for 3 months. I would imagine that the consequences for your actions will be worse.

Trooper4985

The Man
Established Member
In NY 3 speeds in 18 months is considered a persistant violator and Albany, not the judge, takes your license for 6 months. Sounds like you need to sell your car and buy a bicycle.

asskickn88

Established Member
Jforce05 said:
what should I do?

Thanks
Maybe slow down :shrug: I'm not saying that I follow the speed limit all the time but damn, 3 tickets that close together..... I've had a few tickets in my day but never that many. Maybe a loss of your licence would help you rethink your driving habits. Good luck.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Maybe you should consider tranferring your Cobra to mom or dad for awhile. If not, you're going to be paying out of your nose. I drove an obscure FWD from age 16-18 and drove usually no more than 10 mph over and then bought my first Mustang, a 90 GT and I immediately began attracting attention. My speed didn't change but my profile had and within two weeks, I had my first 65 in a 55. In another 6 months, I now had a 68 in a 55 and both tickets were at night. Then I begin to modify my driving style and have had a clean record for 15 years.
Even though you've got a grey Cobra, it has a high profile for the kind of car it is and with the exhaust, you've also added to the attention by making the car louder. You're 18 and driving a 400+ horsepower pony car...you're probably getting scrutinized more for those factors alone. That's not to say the law is being unfair, but more wary to you because of the obvious.

Last edited:

awax_cobrastang

Acura Performance B!TCHES
Established Member
Delaware (formerly mass-pats fan for life)
if the first ticket u got was ur first ticket ever, than u should be okay. reason i say that is there going to give u a break for ur first, and then get ur attorney to take them to ccp. they will prolly combine the tickets. i went to court for a total of 4 tickets, a total fo 17 points, when i left my attorney had it down to 6 points. good luck

epracmetcon

Established Member
attorney, I got a 22 over ticket, got put on 6 month court supervision, 3 months later i got a 29 over. Attorney got me on court supervision again for both tickets.

camaross0002

Established Member
the best way to possible keep your license if you have already taken the 4 and 8 hour traffic school and on your third ticket. Then I would get a lawyer and have him work out a deal with the da. If you can find a lawyer that is well known to that courthouse and to the people there call and ask the clerk for a recommendation. I had a the same problem as you years ago in IL. and a well known attorney will almost be likely to help.

One piece of advice is to knock off the speeding trust me from the age of 16 to 20 yrs old I recieved 25+ tickets and it eats a hole in your pocket. In those four years I spent over 7 grand in tickets and lawyer fees and court fees. It's just not worth it in IL. anymore. Try getting a daily driver and keeping the mustang as a weekend warrior.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
wow, i say they suspend your license for not learning your lesson after the second one.

i got 30 over when i was 18 and have gotten a ticket since......10 years + now

Jforce05

Established Member
01trublue cobra said:
Wow how does a 18yr old afford a 03-04 Cobra and the insurance. Your parents must be rich or something

nah I work full time and usually put in 60-65hours a week and my insurance has my moms name as the primary driver so........ I pay $150per week car payment and $58 a month insurance :rockon:

SVTContique

Insurance Fraud.. nice..

Sell the Cobra and use your brain, Honestly, i cant stand the kids that come on these forums asking for a way out when they speed in a high horsepower car and expect to get away with it.

Looks like your getting what you deserve.

Trooper4985

The Man
Established Member
Jforce05 said:
nah I work full time and usually put in 60-65hours a week and my insurance has my moms name as the primary driver so........ I pay $150per week car payment and $58 a month insurance :rockon:

Hmm... yeah... that sounds like a great idea... lets lie to the insurance company. There is a reason insurance rates on cars like these are through the roof for kids your age... they drive irresponsibly, cause accidents and hurt people so the insurance companies try to keep kids out of these vehicles by making the insurance unattainable. I hope your moms insurance company finds out about this and drops her. That'll teach her to help you circumvent the system.

Go out and get an old 5.0... insurance will be no where near as expensive and you will have a car that you can mod to make similar HP as the Cobra.

FBMphil

Established Member
Jforce05 said:
$150 a week eh? What kind of ghetto ass used car dealer did you use to finance this?

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
What should you do..hmmmmmmm..slow the hell down for one, and when you go to court, bring a XL bottle of KY jelly.

Not to mention between court costs, attorney fees, and fines, think of how many go fast goodies you could have gotten.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
FBMphil said:
$150 a week eh? What kind of ghetto ass used car dealer did you use to finance this?

You know what, you are right. Real financing doesnt occur on a weekly basis. That sounds like a "buy here/pay here" place :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread