3" MAC CatBack Installation and Sound Clips...

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
I install my 3" MAC catback over the weekend and I love it. The sound that comes from the car now is great. It actually sounds like I have 8clyinders under the hood :D. Click the link below for a quick writeup along with pictures of my setup, video, and audio clips...

BTW: I did NOT have any fitment issues as noted by some other members...

http://www.customcreationscarclub.com/MAC_catback/

Enjoy... :D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the files. Nice yellow Cobra, too. Have you considered putting black vinyl bumper inserts on your car? I think they'd love great on the yellow. They'd also match the lower bumper valance.
:)

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
TopRacer, I have the MAC exhaust. In my opinion it is the baddest sounding exhaust available. I will never have anything but MAC from now on. The more you drive it, the better it sounds. Congrats on the sweet exhaust, sounds good:thumbsup:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I love my MAC as well. I did an Offroad Xpipe with it though. I have gotten pulled over twice since friday night.

Once the officer told me to quiet it down, it was 8am on sunday on the way to the track and I stopped in a small town and got on it a tad leaving the gas station.

The other was today I got pulled me over he said that is best sounding stang or musclecar since he has heard since the 60's, and starts talking about back in the 60's. Etc etc

I love it

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Thanks Topracer - great job of documenting and very good clips. I am considering the 2.5" - I hope it sounds as good. :thumbsup:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I agree the car sounds really good. Now what I don't like about MAC, you can see where the tail pipe attaches to the muffler pipe. Every other cat-back has this joint on the straight part of the pipe where it attaches to the muffler. This way from behind the car you don't see the clamps. Just my take. Not trying to offend anyone.

Twinturbo Ranger

Established Member
I'm with trey, do you still have the factory cats and what kind of noise does she make while driving??

trey193- I'm not sure if you remember me(Mike Ivy),but I was looking at buying your 93?? I sold the 93 I bought and now own a 03 myself.

Thanks Mike

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
I do have the stock cats...

I will get you guys some clips tonight...

inside car - normal accel
inside car - hard accel
outside car - driveby
outside car - from rear - hard accel

One thing that I like about the MAC, from inside the car anyway, is that the exhaust does not sound raspy, just a nice deep tone...

Anything else you guys want?...

trey193

Established Member
Hey Mike hows it going, so you liking your 03? as nice as my 93 was I have not regretted selling it to this day, these 03's are a lot of fun!:)

Users who are viewing this thread