3 lentech trans broken in 4 months!!

wheelin

Established Member
After speaking with Lentech about what I will need to convert my mustang to an auto, I purchased his street terminator plus(3499 $) his recommended single disk convertor (445 $) which all were rated to handle my power output 530RWHP. The converson was done by Browns bros performance division.

First trans lasted 1 month of use.First gear would free wheel when you came to a stop. Took the car in to browns and they spoke with Len at great lengths.Len wanted some testing done,line pressure tested,shifter linkage taken apart and put back on. All tested good len wanted the trans back so I paid 800$ in shipping to and from ,len charged me his 995$ liftime limited warrenty and when the trans return 3 weeks later. I paid 1000$ for re and re plus convertor clean. Total 2795$

Second trans installed,Len sent a baumanator tune (more line pressure)fix drove my car home.Car lasted less than 30 miles same issue free wheeling in first gear. Len frustrated told me to take my car to a real trans shop.Bobs driveline highly recommened worked with Len suspiciouns, line pressures tests,gear shifter looked at and computer diagnostic on trans.Bobs and Lens conclusion internal problem. This time Len waived shipping costs and his 995$ limited lifetime warrenty. My bill 1100$ re and re and diagnostic time.

Third trans an entirely new unit,I refused to pay another convertor cleaning so Len agreed to shipped a new convertor and trans it arrived 6-7 weeks later as my car waited at the shop. This one seemed all good till i ran it WOT 1ST threw 3RD gear and a loud bang in the middle of 3rd gear.Car left me stranded had to be towed back to bobs driveline.

Bob pulled the trans input shaft broken. Called Len he refused to cover shipping and or waive his 995$ limited lifetime warrenty. So looking at another 1700 plus in warrenty and shipping cost again I chose Bob to fix the input shaft. This is what Bob discovered,hey mike,found out why your input shaft broke,your torque turbine is broke,this is a stock convertor from a lincon not a performance car.It does not have a steel turbine like it should. Len tech offered out of good will to send an input shaft.I emailed Len why he sent this crappy non steel turbine convertor knowing my power output. Lens reply "it is our professional opinion that the torque convertor and the input shaft broke simutaneously , while YOU where operating YOUR vehical,and indicates neither defect. They could only have broken due to ABUSE by YOU,the operator,in form of a incorrect gear selction while driving". I sent him a reply im in a wheelchair my right hand has NO fuction it is physically impossible to change gears while driving. NO REPLY

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Bob also found these issues inside a brand NEW LENTECH STRIP TERMANATOR with 2 weeks of use.Sun gear bushings very loose,worn out servo and acc. pistons very hard,sun shell and rev drum lugs worn. Car as we speak is at the shop ,trans needs a rebuild and a new convertor, so far bill is over 3000 $

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
F that company. good luck man and report them to the BBB.

POPPAJ

Established Member
Wow, glad I read this! Was abut to drop big $ at Lentech on a trans and converter for my Marauder.

Sorry this had to happen to anyone. Hang in there!

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
What a horror story man. Report them to the BBB, rip-off report website, and your local attorney general if they don't make it right. I hate assholes that won't stand behind a product that costs thousands.

SVTwhore

Established Member
Sorry to hear man! Parts like that cost enough as is, absolutely ridiculous to have to end up paying that many R&R's plus a total rebuild.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
That sucks, what a scumbag company. I'll surely never be doing business with them.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Exactly WHY I laugh at people who swear to the heavens they are the best trans. You should of just got a level 10 4R70W in the first place. You would of gotten a 1500hp rated trans for $4000 with the converter. All billet! No corners cut at all...

oldmodman

Established Member
If you paid for it with a credit card have the entire amount, phony warranty, shipping, the works, charged back against his company. Then once the full amount gets credited back to your account just let him try to sue you.

And post this on every website in the country.

TRBO VNM

Definitely get this posted on every forum you can and more...

But what I don't get is the limited lifetime warranty. This should be a one time fee, but looks like he wants you to pay each time? that makes no sense. And at that, the trans hasn't lasted from day one. There is no standard warranty or guarantee for it to last 30-60-90 days?

OP, you are being taken advantage of. You changed shops at his request and still had problems. Claiming the breakage is abuse by you...hey Len, this is a performance vehicle, which the trans should be a performance trans built to hold his power. How is it being abused to cause these issues?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member

But what I don't get is the limited lifetime warranty. This should be a one time fee, but looks like he wants you to pay each time? that makes no sense. And at that, the trans hasn't lasted from day one. There is no standard warranty or guarantee for it to last 30-60-90 days?

OP, you are being taken advantage of. You changed shops at his request and still had problems. Claiming the breakage is abuse by you...hey Len, this is a performance vehicle, which the trans should be a performance trans built to hold his power. How is it being abused to cause these issues?

Exactly... When i broke my Level 10 tranny it was entirely my fault... It was only rated to 800hp and i was making well over that at the time of it breaking. Regardless Pat (owner) had my car towed to his shop over 100 miles away free of charge, and gave me all the upgrades at his cost... Even let me and my buddy stay the whole day and watch the trans being built.. Gave us lunch AND dinner.. Stand up guy :rockon:

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Exactly... When i broke my Level 10 tranny it was entirely my fault... It was only rated to 800hp and i was making well over that at the time of it breaking. Regardless Pat (owner) had my car towed to his shop over 100 miles away free of charge, and gave me all the upgrades at his cost... Even let me and my buddy stay the whole day and watch the trans being built.. Gave us lunch AND dinner.. Stand up guy :rockon:

^^^ WOW, now that's customer service and someone that wants repeat customers. Glad there's good people out there still.

Now, Lentech... this is the horrible part of this industry is that there are people like that who rip people off and get away with it because it's a performance industry when things are 'expected' to break. "Forget my warranty, it's a performance part" ... just rediculous. Good luck OP, I've been there done that, lost thousands as a result of scumbags like this. I would try to file a claim with your cc company and see what they can do for you.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
This is one of the those bad business decisions to save a couple of thousand dollars which will cost the company tens of thousands of dollars if not more and definitey hurt their reputation.
I'd be curious to see Lentechs explanation for this.
If this is all true, shame on them!!

08mojo

Established Member
I've read similar horror stories concerning Lentech a long time ago--back when theturboforums was still called turbomustangs. The stories followed yours with the customer paying for high power handling parts only to have the trans break. When the trans was torn down, the high power handling parts were not there. I am surprised, and saddened, to see this is still happening.

wheelin

Established Member

Yes Lentech lifetime limited warrenty has a 995$ deductible . Len told bob at bobs driveline service I must of put the car in Reverse going down the track. I have no hand function in my right Hand I'm a quadriplegic and emailed him that but no reply. I filed with the BBB , next its calling visa.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread