3 inch cat back

crazyrifle

Established Member
does it worth to install 3 inch cat back in a car 700 + hp?

the car is allredy instaled in it ARH loung tupe 1 7/8 with off road x-pipe.

if yes how much will be the defrance.

thank you,

jcveron

Established Member
i would think so but im trying to find out the same thing. what options are there for a full 3 inch catback?

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
I have the magnaflow 3inch with magnapacks and I feel a little more on the top end. I know flowmaster has a 3 inch also.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Its a straight through muffler. Louder than the chambered mufflers but a better flow of exhaust. You can see threw the other end if you look into it.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
JBA makes a really nice 3" cat-back system that several of us are running. I'm far from 700hp but it is a well made system. People have posted pics here - it was the Shelby deal we lucked out on.

outlw

Established Member
I'm gonna put the 750 HP kit on mine and wonder what exhaust and x pipe I should put on mine. What do you think?

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
In all honesty, if you're going to be around the 700rwhp range, a 3 inch catback won't make much of a difference. From ym experience, I'd recommend you just search for a sound you want instead of look for 5 extra hp on top end. The biggest regret I have is blowing money on my longtube headers and 3 inch catcback. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the lethal O/R X-Pipe & and catback that gives me the best sound, which I like the borlas a good bit. I have the 3" magnapack catback system and it's nice and muscley and after 3k rpm it's LOUDDDDDD but it hasd an annoying drone between 1750 & 2000 rpms.

jcveron

Established Member
In all honesty, if you're going to be around the 700rwhp range, a 3 inch catback won't make much of a difference. From ym experience, I'd recommend you just search for a sound you want instead of look for 5 extra hp on top end. The biggest regret I have is blowing money on my longtube headers and 3 inch catcback. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the lethal O/R X-Pipe & and catback that gives me the best sound, which I like the borlas a good bit. I have the 3" magnapack catback system and it's nice and muscley and after 3k rpm it's LOUDDDDDD but it hasd an annoying drone between 1750 & 2000 rpms.

do you have any sound clips of your car?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I really wish corsa made a 3" catback. That would be my first choice.
yea, me too

+1 to the drone, I hate it

do you have any sound clips of your car?

Here's two of mine:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0-s9EsOqy8"]Shelby GT500 Cold Start - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sGXk5o-B5M"]Whippled Shelby GT500 - YouTube[/nomedia]

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
I have magnapacks also with the 3 inch pipes I had a muffler ship weld in 3 inch glasspacks and it made the drone tone down alot and made the exhaust sound so much better.

jcveron

Established Member
maybe its just me but i dont hear any drone with you car stkjock... that thing sounds like a monster

Users who are viewing this thread