3" exhaust issues?

Tenscamaro

Established Member
Anybody have problems with 3" exhaust banging around? I have the eibach sportline lowering springs.. is it just too low for 3"?? I'm thinking of going with the pro kit springs and a 305/20 DR, will I still have issues?? any input would be appreciated.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
mine doesnt bang around i think it just rests on a support somewhere where it goes over the axle. are you using both hangers on the muffler? did your car come with the rubber brackets under the transmission mount??

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I have JBA's 1 3/4" long tubes with full 3" exhaust. I did have a problem with the pipe over the rear axle melting the hard plastic gas tank vent tubing. Just routed rubber tubing and secured with plastic ties away from the exhaust pipe. Oh, forgot to mention I have the Shelby/Eibach Coilover suspension which amounts to Eibach's Pro Street S Package.

Tenscamaro

Established Member
Thanks for the info, it does seem to be at the axle. Am I right in thinking that the diffrent springs will give me enough clearance for the exhaust... would be alot to do and end up with the same problem... ???

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i didn't have a problem, but just check to make sure your fuel lines clear. also try reajusting the exhaust.

Tenscamaro

Established Member
me 32.. your suspension sits a little higher than mine I think... I am sitting too low and there may not be enough room between the car and axle, I was hoping somebody else had the sportline springs and had the same problem or not?? Thanks for any help offfered.. I really appreciate it !!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
me 32.. your suspension sits a little higher than mine I think... I am sitting too low and there may not be enough room between the car and axle, I was hoping somebody else had the sportline springs and had the same problem or not?? Thanks for any help offfered.. I really appreciate it !!

no problem, i hope you get it fixed, if not im sure the prokit should clear, good luck man.

Tenscamaro

Established Member
I think that the prokit sits 3/4" higher than the sportline??? that would give room for the 20" drag radials and more room for the 3" exhaust ... ???? anybody have this set up???

Users who are viewing this thread