3.6 LC Kenne Bell WOW

et9secstang

Established Member
Well I don't have any videos of the car going down the track yet, I do have a video of the car on the dyno putting down 797/685 on pump gas.[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_UMl3zLyEk"]YouTube- 2007 GT500 dyno pull 797/685 pump gas[/nomedia]
Hopefully this link will work

Ioannis

Established Member
SOUNDS AWESOME ......Question I realy didnt hear the blower WHINNNNNNEE
is it louder then the 2.8 like they say?

Hell for the Money I want that SUCKER TO SCREAM thats what KB SIGNATURE SOUND LOOK OUT HEAR IT COMES

et9secstang

Established Member
Personally I don' think the blower is as loud as the 2.8. but then I put a larger pulley on it to slow the blower down.It sounds good going down the road.I am not really spinning the blower hard,I was told once you turn the boost up it really gets loud!!

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
SOUNDS AWESOME ......Question I realy didnt hear the blower WHINNNNNNEE
is it louder then the 2.8 like they say?

Hell for the Money I want that SUCKER TO SCREAM thats what KB SIGNATURE SOUND LOOK OUT HEAR IT COMES

I believe your thinking of the KB 2.2, thats their "screamer" so to say. All there other blowers aren't real "whiners" but make excellent power.

What's with wanting the whine so bad anyway? would you rather have a woman that performed well, or just made alot of noise? haha.

Either way This car has alot of money in it, and im sure it feels well spent when tapping into the power. Nice car man.:rockon:

Ioannis

Established Member
Personally I don' think the blower is as loud as the 2.8. but then I put a larger pulley on it to slow the blower down.It sounds good going down the road.I am not really spinning the blower hard,I was told once you turn the boost up it really gets loud!!

The car looks awesome nice job! The reason I ask about the WHINNNE is because KB uses straght cut gears on the new blowers and they say its louder then the 2.8
allso are you running a bigger balancer on the bottom?

What size pulley did you end up with using on top?

Last edited:

et9secstang

Established Member
I am running the IV stock size balancer ,The 3.6 came with a 3.75 pulley,At a idle when you reved the engine it would peg the boost gauge in the dash like nothing,I put it on the dyno and over 20 psi really quick,So I called Kenne Bell and they sent me a 3.5 now I have 18-19 psi,I wanted to have the car tuned on pump gas before I bumped it up.Plus I have a stock bottom end,I am going to put the 3.5 back on and break the seal on the drum of c-16 but not yet. Fords at Carlisle is very soon and the wife is going to drive it up to the show so I figured I better wait.

Ioannis

Established Member
I am running the IV stock size balancer ,The 3.6 came with a 3.75 pulley,At a idle when you reved the engine it would peg the boost gauge in the dash like nothing,I put it on the dyno and over 20 psi really quick,So I called Kenne Bell and they sent me a 3.5 now I have 18-19 psi,I wanted to have the car tuned on pump gas before I bumped it up.Plus I have a stock bottom end,I am going to put the 3.5 back on and break the seal on the drum of c-16 but not yet. Fords at Carlisle is very soon and the wife is going to drive it up to the show so I figured I better wait.

So you made close to 800 to the rear wheels with the 3.75 pulley.

et9secstang

Established Member
Yes with the 3.75 the car made 797 towards the end of the run,The correction factor was set on uncorrected.

Ioannis

Established Member
Yes with the 3.75 the car made 797 towards the end of the run,The correction factor was set on uncorrected.

You did a Fantastic job on car looks awesome !! Who did the porting of the intake and how was the fit of the vts undercooler.

et9secstang

Established Member
I ported the intake myself,I put the factory gasket on the head and ported it to match the gasket.The ports in the head are actually bigger than the intake ,The VTS intercooler isn't in my car anymore.Lets just leave it at that.

Ioannis

Established Member
I ported the intake myself,I put the factory gasket on the head and ported it to match the gasket.The ports in the head are actually bigger than the intake ,The VTS intercooler isn't in my car anymore.Lets just leave it at that.

The reason I ask is because I called up to ask about one for some reason his site is down you see I am building a kit car using a gt 500 5.4 and was looking for some advise and help from all you gt 500 Owners.
some people say it helps bring down the temp and i heard its like $900!
can you please tell whats wrong with the undercooler

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Great numbers! Do you know what it made SAE corrected? Also, what did it make with the smaller blower?

Users who are viewing this thread