3.4 whipple on the way....any advice?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I have had 2 kenne bell blowers on my 03 cobra and this will be my 3rd whipple @Bruno. On my 03 I also had a ported blower, HP twin turbos, Hellion single turbo, then 5 dif motors...2 diff cam set ups, then back to a stock motor...then to a built motor, stage 2 cams and 2.3 whipple with a 200 shot....I have a little experience with power adders....more than most. Kenne bell is a nice blower, but there customer service is garbage. I have a 2.2 sitting here for an 03 that they refuse to fix. Anyone wanna explain that shit? The previous owner had another repair shop look at it and since that happened KB will not fix it. Email or call whipple. Fast friendly and much better price. I paid $3900 to the door for the 3.4.

I have a lund remote tune. I'll probably do the same. My cams had a manufacture flaw in them and they are back at bullit to be inspected. I'll get them back in and let lund tune it again or try to get James at RWTD to work some magic for me.

Last edited:

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
So can I run my vmp67 tb and jlt 127 intake with the 3.4 whipple? I assume I would need a kenne bell dual 20v BAP as well.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
All buttoned up. Feels significantly more powerful. I had to order a belt for the 4.0 pulley so I'm currently running the 3.5. I think it's a lil too much boost. I'm going to try and get back to the track asap.

0307151309a_zpsj8wsg54t.jpg

0321151218_zps0inzkrho.jpg

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Looks great, can't wait to hear thoughts and results. What kind of boost now, and what's your target? Put it on the ground, back up a few feet and take another pic of that engine bay :beer:

DGladhill

Established Member
I have had 2 kenne bell blowers on my 03 cobra and this will be my 3rd whipple @Bruno. On my 03 I also had a ported blower, HP twin turbos, Hellion single turbo, then 5 dif motors...2 diff cam set ups, then back to a stock motor...then to a built motor, stage 2 cams and 2.3 whipple with a 200 shot....I have a little experience with power adders....more than most. Kenne bell is a nice blower, but there customer service is garbage. I have a 2.2 sitting here for an 03 that they refuse to fix. Anyone wanna explain that shit? The previous owner had another repair shop look at it and since that happened KB will not fix it. Email or call whipple. Fast friendly and much better price. I paid $3900 to the door for the 3.4.

I have a lund remote tune. I'll probably do the same. My cams had a manufacture flaw in them and they are back at bullit to be inspected. I'll get them back in and let lund tune it again or try to get James at RWTD to work some magic for me.

Saying it's a much better price because you had a friend pull a favor is a little silly. Both from retailers are within $500 of eachother, ( KB 3.2 = $6249, KB 3.6 = $6999, Whipple 3.4 = $6400 ) - mind you those are for the LC models and the other goodies KB sends that Whipple doesn't.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Saying it's a much better price because you had a friend pull a favor is a little silly. Both from retailers are within $500 of eachother, ( KB 3.2 = $6249, KB 3.6 = $6999, Whipple 3.4 = $6400 ) - mind you those are for the LC models and the other goodies KB sends that Whipple doesn't.

I think he was replying to the question 'why a whipple over a kb?' Almost 40% savings is a pretty good reason imo.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Not sure where your pricing info is coming from, got this from my tuner's ( www.teamjdm.com ) website this morning.
2007-2014 Shelby GT500 Whipple 3.4L Supercharger Upgrade Kit
Price: $4,557.00

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
Very nice setup... Thought about upgrading my 14 to a Whipple 3.4. I guess for now I will stick with the stock 2.3 and some bolt on parts. Have a 2.4 pulley, PBH elbow with KB 168MM and JLT Super Big Air CAI.

Going to follow the thread, want to see what kinda power the car makes! Is it stock motor and pump gas 93?

Last edited:

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
image.jpgLooks great but can't get the car to make more than 17 pounds of boost. Computer keeps pulling timing , still trying to get the tune down.

Users who are viewing this thread