3.4 whipple on the way....any advice?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I've been kicking the idea around and finally pulled the trigger. I have been making about 23 lbs of boost in the cool weather and living on race gas. I wanna drop the boost and try to stay at same power level. I'll get one good pass at the track...then heat settles in.

Anyone else have a 3.4?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I put a 3.4 Crusher whipple on my brothers 03 cobra, they are definitely badass blowers and make monster HP with low PSI, me personally I would have gone with a 3.6 KB. But whipples are great.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Nice, if I do decide to make a big jump in power this is the route I would probably take also. E85 isn't readily available in my area and race gas is even less than that. Alibi, did you have to do something with your hood?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
What pulley are you using ali b? I have a 10% lower on my car right now as well. What did you do to clear the hood. I'm going to order the Lethal Perfomance kit with spacers and motor mounts.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice, if I do decide to make a big jump in power this is the route I would probably take also. E85 isn't readily available in my area and race gas is even less than that. Alibi, did you have to do something with your hood?[/QUOTE]
Engine is lowered, center hood rib is removed, I modified the hood blanket.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What pulley are you using ali b? I have a 10% lower on my car right now as well. What did you do to clear the hood. I'm going to order the Lethal Perfomance kit with spacers and motor mounts.
The 3.4 comes with a 3.5" pulley, which I'm still using........................stock lower.

carguy19

Established Member
I've been kicking the idea around and finally pulled the trigger. I have been making about 23 lbs of boost in the cool weather and living on race gas. I wanna drop the boost and try to stay at same power level. I'll get one good pass at the track...then heat settles in.

Anyone else have a 3.4?

Not to insult you or anything, but why a whipple 3.4 when you could do the 3.6KB which is more efficient ?

Also, if your boost target is 20lbs and you dont plan on using race gas or e85, you can port your TVS, and pulley it and make over 800 at the wheels. May not need to go to a huge blower that will require engine mounts and cutting up your hood.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
well you didn't insult me. I've made over 800 with the tvs already. It makes 23 lbs when it's cool outside and generates WAY to much heat. I get one good pass at the track then mph drops every pass as well as ET. I put 2 bags of ice on the blower at the track for 90 minutes and still couldn't put my hand on the supercharger. The car runs 10.1x @ 139 first pass every time with me lifting for traction. Next pass all out no issues slamming gears....10.50 @ 135....then 10.5x @133...10.5x @ 132.

The heat is killing power. The 3.4 should move the air cooler and more efficiently for the purpose of what i use the car for. I will not be cutting up my hood. I have two 55 gallon drums of MS109 sitting in my shop. It's just a pain to drive around on it constantly now. Pulley changes are a simple deal on this and I can make as much boost as needed in a few min of work. Plus....the whipple looks so much better under the hood.....KB customer service blows. I've had 2 of them.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Nice, if I do decide to make a big jump in power this is the route I would probably take also. E85 isn't readily available in my area and race gas is even less than that. Alibi, did you have to do something with your hood?[/QUOTE]
Engine is lowered, center hood rib is removed, I modified the hood blanket.

Man that is sweet right there! I checked out Lethal's sight and saw the engine lowering kits. So much awesomeness hidden under a stock hood. ahah, only thing you need are some hood struts :beer:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Lowering pieces from lethal will be here thursday. Can't Wait!

0302152049_zpsnvzwjksy.jpg

nix5o

Established Member
Not to insult you or anything, but why a whipple 3.4 when you could do the 3.6KB which is more efficient ?

I heard this same thing when I bought my whipple. But I haven't seen enough evidence to support and justify the $2350 difference in price. I actually bought my whipple used, so the difference in price for me was enough to pay to get my heads and intake ported.

OP, I seen you ordered the engine lowering kit. I opted for the BMR K-member that drops the engine mounts. It was actually cheaper than the lethal lowering kit if you buy just the k-member with out the control arms.?? Just a thought.

Good luck with your install. I've got my motor at Earl's waiting on the heads to get back from BES. Hope to see you at the track sometime.

Last edited:

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
well you didn't insult me. I've made over 800 with the tvs already. It makes 23 lbs when it's cool outside and generates WAY to much heat. I get one good pass at the track then mph drops every pass as well as ET. I put 2 bags of ice on the blower at the track for 90 minutes and still couldn't put my hand on the supercharger. The car runs 10.1x @ 139 first pass every time with me lifting for traction. Next pass all out no issues slamming gears....10.50 @ 135....then 10.5x @133...10.5x @ 132.

The heat is killing power. The 3.4 should move the air cooler and more efficiently for the purpose of what i use the car for. I will not be cutting up my hood. I have two 55 gallon drums of MS109 sitting in my shop. It's just a pain to drive around on it constantly now. Pulley changes are a simple deal on this and I can make as much boost as needed in a few min of work. Plus....the whipple looks so much better under the hood.....KB customer service blows. I've had 2 of them.

Water-Meth Injection my friend!!! Will cure your heat problems.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Once again that's another additive that needs to be monitored. The blower will reduce heat ALLLL the time...not just when something else is introduced into the system to control it.

Heat issues have been solved. Just gotta button it all up.

0307151309a_zpsj8wsg54t.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread