3.27 gears

goat-ee

Established Member
The car needs 3.55s to make the turbo work, turbos like load.

Where did you have your car tuned?

I'll PM you where in Kansas City I had it tuned the 1st time if you want. The tuner didn't catch (3) different mechanical issues I had and went ahead and tuned it anyway leaving me with what was a ticking time bomb. I ended up having a sticking injector, a bad o2 sensor and a alternator that wasn't putting out enough voltage. I didn't like the car ran when I got it tuned, it was not pulling past 5800rpm and even to there it was just not right. I posted up the dyno sheet and everyone that knew anything about tuning told me to NEVER hammer it again until I got it fixed. So by Mark Olson's (from this site) suggestion I got in touch with Don @ Lasota Racing. Bought a wideband and on the 1st set of data logs he immedietely knew that I had a bad injector or a bad o2 sensor or both. Both were bad!! He also noticed that my voltage was too low and was concerned that some of my upper rpm issues were caused by this and to still not go WOT until that was fixed. I also bought a new alternator. And in very quick order the car was tuned and pulling WAY harder than before and all this with a AFR that wasn't putting me on the ragged edge!! The funny thing is the car ran OK before and me having no access to the data logs was unaware that these issues existed. By all accounts any tuner worth their salt should have spotted my mechanical issues immedietely, so I will never use that tuner again!!

Sorry for the windy explanation, but I haven't got over being torqued off yet!! I WILL change gears next spring. I am praying the weather holds up so I can go to the strip Friday at KCIR for a new time with the current gear, so I can compare apples to apples next spring!! The car will be down for the winter here before long, so hopefully nothing else will change between now and then!!

Users who are viewing this thread