3/22 DYNO DAY in Camarillo -- Final

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
I'm planning to be there around 9.30 or so, I also will have a digital video & still camera. There should be plenty of pics and vids to share after this event.

See ya there

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
So what were the results?

The weather was great, the cars looked great. All in, there were around 18 2003's that showed, and many other cars that came over to see what was up.
Most of the 13 2003's that dyno'd were near-stock (no pulley or chip). We will post the full details soon -- everyone is pooped out tonight and many are heading over to Fontana to drag tomorrow. I think everyone who had done anything to the intake and also done some form of cat-back was dynoing over 400RWHP.
Some high-desert cars that make big HP did not make the long drive over to dyno (but Tetge stopped by to supervise...). In addition to the 2003s Cobras, we dyno'd 5 other nice cars.
The high HP car was Duncan Jones with 468RWHP, and two others were between 445-450. Those cars had 4 lb pulleys and chips.
It was a good turnout. I'd like to thank Steve Murillo, Richard Katz, Marwane Aoun, Adam and Brendan for the help in making it happen. (my wife helped too ) Mark at BottleBlownRacing and his team, David and Chris, did a super job pushing us all through. ** facts and pics to follow in a few days **
JW

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Some high-desert cars that make big HP did not make the long drive over to dyno

Sorry but I didn't want to break thier dyno. :) I've got more HP in progress. I was trying to make it but JDM screwed up again and shipped my chip back by ground Wednesday instead of overnight. Oh well maybe next time.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Good to meet the people, converse with the personalities behind the screen names =>)

ntechnic

Established Member
JH's son Brendon had a killer Nikon D100 6 megapixel camera, and he and I photo'd every car that dyno except for JH's and Bosko's (both were done after dark!). We also did a great group shot with 17 Cobra's (most '03's).

I'm going to slam a bunch of photos up to SoCalTerminators.com on Sunday. My camera was a 3 megapixel run of the mill, but I can get lots of pix up quickly. Brendon is going to be sending me a CD with the ultra-high resolution photos. I'll post them to replace mine, but at a slightly reduced res to save space. But I'll e-mail everyone that dyno'd their high res photo's in full resolution if you want them.

It may take a few days to sort out all of the pix, power numbers, and match them up. Bear with us as we try to get it all up and still work our day jobs over the next few days.

Mega props to James (JHwalker), Brendon, Adam, Marwane, and Steve (who kept the spreadsheet on owners, results, mods, etc.) for making such a great dyno day.

ntechnic

Established Member
Oh, and the Navigator didn't get dyno'd. I know, Im crushed too. Got there at 8:30 AM, and at 7:15 PM, it just wasn't worth it. So Bottle Blown Racing is keeping my $$ and letting me dyno my Cobra when it's out of the body shop at the same rate as today. That way, my numbers will be relevant to all the other '03's that showed up.

maoun

Established Member
it was a great turnout.......after some work, the dyno and my car got along and i pulled a wonderful 417hp....which was enough to put a huge smile on my face :)

thanks to everyone...it was great

if anybody has technical questions on getting your results, etc, let me know

marwane.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
it was a great turnout.......after some work, the dyno and my car got along and i pulled a wonderful 417hp....which was enough to put a huge smile on my face :)

thanks to everyone...it was great

if anybody has technical questions on getting your results, etc, let me know

marwane.
What are your mods?

maoun

Established Member
nope.

should i? whast is it...i don't really know what that would do.

how many hp?

thanks
m.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I was there, here's my dyno graph. If you were there and have a disk, d/l the viewer from this link instead of the viewer on the disk.

SuperFlow AutoDyn Viewer

Bone Stock 2003 Cobra Coupe, K&N Drop in, silencer out of the airbox

379.5 RWTQ, 395.6 RWHP

John

Last edited:

03_Snake

Established Member
Copy of email sent to jhwalker

:beer: :beer: ( I forwarded the excel compilation file of the results to James - we'll figure out how to post here)

James,

Here's the complied results in excel. I added the data you sent me this morning. Some outstanding numbers in here! Too bad I didn't meet BOSKO. He too lives in Camarillo. Did he come after I left?

I think we should all be happy with the numbers we got. What a powerhouse Ford has developed. Its amazing to me how much more power you can get with about $1K of bolt-ons. After my warranty goes South, I'll probably do the pulley and chip thing too.

Anyway, hope to see you at one of the events. It was a real pleasure to meet you, and a big THANKS again for taking the time and effort to bring off this event with such flying colors!

Users who are viewing this thread