2v regrets?

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
My only regret is that i didnt go turbo or kenne bell, i was always around vortech guys. But the whine of the vortech never gets old

scott5

Established Member
I have decided to do the 2v up.. Just because everyone says that are a waste of money. I am going to make a new thread and get some feedback on which way I should go.

wicked96gt

Established Member
this is nasty, I'll be there at some point I hope...
If you're going 2V ,TFS heads are a must. putting $$ into crappy PI's is such a waste. I found out the hard way:fm:.

Putting money into PI heads are not a waste. Im running 500rwhp right now on ported PI heads. In the future I will be at around 650rwhp with the same PI heads.

TMIProducts

Established Member
We have a customer who is in the middle of 2v build, he's shooting for around 700-750 in it. His last setup was around 500.

He said he's going to shoot for 7 and if he hits it then next year he's shooting for 900-1000

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
If you're going 2V ,TFS heads are a must. putting $$ into crappy PI's is such a waste. I found out the hard way:fm:.

Not necessarily. It's all in your combination.

I have trick flow heads on my 2v as well.

jpicc

Established Member

Not sure if that is a correct statement....I don't have TF heads on mine and I have no problem making power....

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
man its a hard call

see for me i have an 03 cobra that has 1000 hp and i have my 03 gt vert that i just got a s-trim for it and i love both my cars.

i guess what are your goals? whats your budget?

your car is paid for so any mods would be cool

if you buy another car then your in for a car payment and also an insurance increase more than likely if ya get a cobra.

think things out and write down the pro's/con's of both

confused

Closet Mopar guy
Established Member
I bought my 00gt last year from a friend.Mainly because it had a bower(vortech v1)and the price was right.I have less in the car than I did the motor in my previous 96 vette.While the 2v is limited in stock form from what I read a good shortblock will handle a lot of abuse.Would love to go that route and up the boost but with kid #2 due in a month it ain't gonna happen.lol.If I can hang on to it through the expense of another kid and daycare x2 I might get to have some fun with it down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread