2v heads to 4v heads

GreekThunder

Established Member
Curiousity has hit me and instead of doing a motor swap I was thinking of converting my 2v heads to 4v. Id assume Id need cobra/mach heads cams what else would I need and also is this possible and or even worth doing?? Any help would be awesome!

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Heads, cams, intake, timing cover, fuel rails, timing components, alt and alt bracket, headers/manifolds at a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three21

Established Member
It's not an easy swap if that's what you're asking. There are plenty of threads around detailing everything you need. Is it worth it depends on your goals. I toyed with the idea then found it cheaper and less hassle to add more boost to compensate for the better flow...

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

GreekThunder

Established Member
My goal is like 400rwhp. Im not looking to make the fastest thing on this planet just a quick DD. @Three21. Would that be a good idea or should going boost be better and cheaper?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My goal is like 400rwhp. Im not looking to make the fastest thing on this planet just a quick DD. @Three21. Would that be a good idea or should going boost be better and cheaper?

Boost will get you there easily, and its a lot easier to bolt on a supercharger than doing head/cam work.

Three21

Established Member
400 hp to the wheels is easily achievable for a 2v. TB, SCT 2400 MAF, injectors (39 or 42 lb/hr i cant remember which are applicable atm), fuel pump, upper plenum and any supercharger of your choice. Bonus points for gears - 3.73 for 5spd, 4.10 for auto.

Or just do the fuel upgrades, MAF and the blower and you might be happy enough with that.

eric702lv

Established Member
I have all those parts you are looking for. Let me know if your interested. I'm selling everything I have. Check out my thread

GreekThunder

Established Member
Thank you everyone for the input! Its definetely helpful! I have one payment left then Ill be throwing shit on like a mad man.

nileppezdel77

Established Member

Unless your goal is 400rwhp N/A, then it's a waste, just boost. If you're set on a head swap, just do a TFS head setup, way easier.

Users who are viewing this thread