2nd gear pull then shut down

MattG04

Established Member
So this happened yesterday evening. Done a second gear pull and car just shut down. Plug in my tuner and pull the codes. 1>over boost condition. 2>fuel rail pressure sensor. 3>fuel pump driver module offline. Bought both the FRPS and FPDM and still nothing. In a year I've never had a issue. 2 weeks ago I installed a Kenne Bell BAP and now this happens. Gonna unhook the BAP today after work and wire it back without the the BAP and see what happens. Any thoughts other than what I'm thinking which is the BAP went south?

TRBO VNM

My guess would have been the fuel pump fuse in engine bay. Did you change it from a 20 amp to 30 amp? Are you sure you checked the right fuse? If that fuse is blown or pulled and you try cranking or the car was running when it happened, that would throw the fpdm code. So your fpdm is probably fine. I have never seen that code for anything else. Do you hear the pumps prime when you cycle the key?

MattG04

Established Member
My guess would have been the fuel pump fuse in engine bay. Did you change it from a 20 amp to 30 amp? Are you sure you checked the right fuse? If that fuse is blown or pulled and you try cranking or the car was running when it happened, that would throw the fpdm code. So your fpdm is probably fine. I have never seen that code for anything else. Do you hear the pumps prime when you cycle the key?
No the pumps aren't priming when I cycle the key, I checked the fuse position number 14 under the hood which I left the 20 amp in there and it's not blown. I am assuming position 14 is the correct fuse.

TRBO VNM

I don't go by position. I just know where it is. lol It should be changed to a 30 when putting the bap in.

MattG04

Established Member
Let's hope that unhooking the BAP works when I wire the car back to factory

MattG04

Established Member
I don't go by position. I just know where it is. lol It should be changed to a 30 when putting the bap in.
Well I took your advice into consideration and checked all fuses and found the problem.....a blowed fuse. I was told to check fuse 14 well it was fuse 24 that was blown I feel special lol

Users who are viewing this thread