$2K, what mods to buy?

rick17587

Addicted to Snakes
Established Member
Okay guys, I know you've seen a million threads like this, but I have been researching for about a month and I'm still undecided. What do you think I should buy? Here are my current mods;

Maximum Motorsports c/c plates
MAC Off-road x-pipe
MAC cat-back
BBK cai
Predator tuner
Full length subframe connectors
Eibach springs
Bilstein shocks
Nitto 555r's
Steeda tri-ax
HD irs crossmember brace
4.30s (soon to be installed)

Best 1/4 mile-13.59

I don't road race, just some fun on the streets and a little weekend strip time.

rick17587

Addicted to Snakes
Established Member
SilverSnake01 said:
save up some more cash and get a procharger.

That's definately on my "to do" list. However, I want to forge the internals before I toss a blower on it. If I'm going to do it I might as well get it right the first time.

Nazman

Established Member
NX Wet Nitrous Kit
MSD Digital Window Switch
NX Gen 2 Kit
JLT RAI
JLT Pre-PCV Filter
Ported Intake (By Naz:D )
Denso Iridium IT20 Plugs
and May be a Meziere Electric Water Pump

With your current lmods llland a 75 to 100 shot it will make over 400RWHP and o/a 425-450RWTQ and stomp just about everything in the streets and run deep 12s/high 11s on some sticky tires!

Naz

98powerstang

Established Member
I would do suspension mods if you plan on forged internals and supercharger. Its worthless to have power when you cant hook up. A solid axle is always a huge plus. If it was me I would go with a with a 5.0 stroker and twin turbos. There is a good 600hp on a street tune.

For now though I would do with a solid axle and some good suspension mods.

rick17587

Addicted to Snakes
Established Member
type911 said:
Welcome and Pics!

I've actually been around here for a while soaking up knowledge, just never posted until now. And here ya go....

768887_26_full.jpg

768887_4_full.jpg

768887_3_full.jpg

768887_25_full.jpg

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Nazman said:
NX Wet Nitrous Kit
MSD Digital Window Switch
NX Gen 2 Kit
JLT RAI
JLT Pre-PCV Filter
Ported Intake (By Naz:D )
Denso Iridium IT20 Plugs
and May be a Meziere Electric Water Pump

With your current lmods llland a 75 to 100 shot it will make over 400RWHP and o/a 425-450RWTQ and stomp just about everything in the streets and run deep 12s/high 11s on some sticky tires!

Naz

word!

Or save more and get a blower

rick17587

Addicted to Snakes
Established Member
Naz, how much you charging for the port job? I had been kicking around the idea of nitrous. I have heard good things about NX and ZEX, any particular reason you prefer NX? Should I go JLT CAI or RAI? I hate the BBK piece, so that was already on my list of things to change, along with the MGW shifter.

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Those are good items you picked up and will benefit you in the future if you decide to go with a Supercharger. I would get a SCT Handheld instead, different exhaust (Bassani.. but I love Bassani), Pro 5.0 shifter.

BTW, you have one of the best tuners in the country in your neck of the woods.. Don Lasota. I would defintely give him and Rob (his son) a call and pick their brains. Check out their website @ www.lasotaracing.com... tell them Mike from Apex Motorsports sent ya. You won't be disappointed by them.

BTW, you don't need to go Forged internals for your car.. we tuned a car for a customer and he got 470 RWHP/415RWTQ with a 12:1 AF. If tuned right your car will be fine... if not tuned right 350RWHP is too much.

rick17587

Addicted to Snakes
Established Member
apexmotorsports said:
Those are good items you picked up and will benefit you in the future if you decide to go with a Supercharger. I would get a SCT Handheld instead, different exhaust (Bassani.. but I love Bassani), Pro 5.0 shifter.

BTW, you have one of the best tuners in the country in your neck of the woods.. Don Lasota. I would defintely give him and Rob (his son) a call and pick their brains. Check out their website @ www.lasotaracing.com... tell them Mike from Apex Motorsports sent ya. You won't be disappointed by them.

BTW, you don't need to go Forged internals for your car.. we tuned a car for a customer and he got 470 RWHP/415RWTQ with a 12:1 AF. If tuned right your car will be fine... if not tuned right 350RWHP is too much.

I'll definately have to look them up shortly. I've been meaning to find a reputable tuner in my area.

Nazman

Established Member
rick17587 said:
Naz, how much you charging for the port job? I had been kicking around the idea of nitrous. I have heard good things about NX and ZEX, any particular reason you prefer NX? Should I go JLT CAI or RAI? I hate the BBK piece, so that was already on my list of things to change, along with the MGW shifter.
Go with the RAI, and NX. I send you a PM with the details.

Naz

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
And definately, put some 1" spacers on the back of that Cobra and/or get 275s+ on the rears.

rick17587

Addicted to Snakes
Established Member
ex-PJs snake said:
And definately, put some 1" spacers on the back of that Cobra and/or get 275s+ on the rears.

Those are pics from last year. Those were 245/45-17 Fuzion ZRI tires. I now have 275/40-17 Nitto 555r's on the rear.

coreseller

Established Member
Forging the motor will eat up double your budget. A truly smart man would get a Roth IRA instead, depending on your age that would buy you a new car, gotta wait decades though....:shrug: .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread