275/60r15 ET Street

jony51999

Established Member
Anyone here have experience running the ET Street R 275/60 on a 15x8 wheel with a car making 750rwhp, 2.9 Whipple car with an SRA? 3.73 gears, 6 speed, all adjustable suspension.

I’m wondering if this will overpower them or will they actually hold that at the track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
I think if you really want to drag you should get some drag wheels and bias ply.

jony51999

Established Member
I think if you really want to drag you should get some drag wheels and bias ply.

The track is definitely where I want to have it hook but I also want to run the setup on the street at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
Ya I hear you. Im done with the ET Street or SS as its called now after this set. Probably gonna have to buy a set of 16" CCW classics for the back and get a real tire.

I just think if youre looking for max effort at the track you should get a cheapy drag wheel and get those Rs for the street. I mean try em, but it won't work like a bias.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I just spent a little time on this subject. So first of all a 275 on a 8" rim will give you less width then on a 10" rim but I am sure you have read that by now.

The ET street R's are slightly better then the pro's, slightly.. So as far as a drag radial in my opinion, best on the market now. That's what I am running on the street right now and I am pulling on cars with 2-400 more HP then me.

As I am sure you have read, Radials you have to work a little more you can't just dump the clutch. Radials spin, but from some very qualified people you can get down the track pretty good. And lets face it, if Time was your main concern you would go auto.

Users who are viewing this thread