26 sline input shaft?

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
Who here is running one and how much did it cost (the part and the install)? Also where did you get the input shaft. I have a buddy that snapped his input shaft and was considering just upgrading it while he was there. Any input would be helpful, thanks in advance

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
YOu also have to change out the entire clutch when going to a 26 spline setup as the 10 spline isnt compatable. I got my parts from LFP, clutch and flywheel was about 615 and the IS was another 260 or so.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
sambandit said:
YOu also have to change out the entire clutch when going to a 26 spline setup as the 10 spline isnt compatable. I got my parts from LFP, clutch and flywheel was about 615 and the IS was another 260 or so.
I already got a line on a 26 spline Clutch. A buddy pulled it out and went to a auto so he said he would hook it up :beer: . Thanks for the info.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Smart move on going with the 26 spline shaft. I've often wondered why Ford didn't go with it to begin with, outside of cost. Definitely a mod that should be on everyone's list. Let us know how you like it.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Smart move on going with the 26 spline shaft. I've often wondered why Ford didn't go with it to begin with, outside of cost. Definitely a mod that should be on everyone's list. Let us know how you like it.
Its not for me. I am a firm believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it. Especially on something of this nature. But if he goes with it I will let you know :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread