26 psi and water meth?

dublekick

Established Member
Doing a motor build and was curious if 91/93 with water meth will be safe enough to run 26psi on a kb 2.8h. And if not what is a safe boost pressure or alternative way to go. There is no E85 where I live. Also if anyone knows of any good shops to do a tune at in upstate ny. Having a real hard time finding anything.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Well I'm sure you'll build up to it. Make partial pulls, read plugs etc. May I HIGHLY recommend a J&S Vampire anti-knock system in such a setup.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Yes if you're not familiar it's a system that not only detects knock and notifies you but it actually pulls timing while it's detecting knock preventing damage. It's sensitive enough to detect knock long before it's audible to a person and it'll pull from the individual cylinders that are knocking. It'll pull 1 or 2 degrees of timing per crank revolution till that specific cylinder stops knocking and then every 20 degrees of crank rotation after that it will put back 1/2 a degree of timing to see if the engine is still attempting to knock. There's more to it but that's a pretty good summary.

Users who are viewing this thread