21015 Mutang Gt 50th Anniversary vs 2016 GT350.....5 years from now

barstoolman

Established Member
Just fun to speculate..........which one will be worth more in 5 years, 10 years.......2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary or 2016 Shelby GT350, assuming both are very low mileage, NM condition vehicles????

Obviously, the 50th Anniversary will have going for it the limited production (under 2000), the limited color of Wimbledon White (should have been the choice for the GT350 as it is the original color for that car), the rear quarter panel glass louvred windows. Probably the best feature is the Performance Pack with the Auto transmission........to date, no other Mustang has that feature

The GT350 will obviously have going for it the unbelievable overall performance as well as the Shelby name attached.

I'm thinking the 50th Anniversary will draw more interest down the line.......what do you all say??????

Cheers!!!!!

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I know you have a 50th, but don't think it's even a serious thought... No offense.... The GT350 by a wide margin imo

barstoolman

Established Member
I know you have a 50th, but don't think it's even a serious thought... No offense.... The GT350 by a wide margin imo

the cars are not even in the same class.........I know that. I've had a GT500 and a Boss 302 and in both cases, I bought new for under sticker and there really wasn't much desirability/collectability a few years after purchase.......just way too many. The 50th Anniversary, although nothing special performance wise, does have a few nice features that you just can't get on any Mustang. We've all seen the hype on a GT500KR or a Boss 302 Laguna Seca. What often makes a car collectable or at least hold its value is rarity of features, options, etc. Seems to me, in a couple of years, the GT350 will not be all that desirable.....next year's version will have standard features, that are currently options, for a lot less. To add to that, by 2018, no one will be interested in a GT350, once the GT500 comes out.

Anyway, only time will tell. The 2 cars are clearly not comparable but often that has nothing to do with collectability or value retention.

Cheers!!!!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I can't think of any anniversary edition GT that has held better value than a regular GT in recent history.

chuckstang

Established Member
I can't think of any anniversary edition GT that has held better value than a regular GT in recent history.

But to be fair, there hasn't been any that had any real unique features and things like this one. I think the 2015 GT350 will be the collectible but who cares, this is what the 9th year of modern day Shelbys... Drive em and enjoy them. Wish I did mine when I had it

conceptmachine

Established Member
None.
In 30 years, if one has low mileage it may be worth close to the same dollar amount that was paid, minus inflation, meaning it would be wise to invest in something that makes money. It would be nice if builders would include so many options that would enable 1 of 1 builds so that, at least you could SAY you have a rare optioned car vs a 1 of 200 car etc. Would make it more fun in the collector aspect of modern day cars.

Last edited:

joeymustang

Established Member
GT350

I honestly feel the 50th anniversry will fall in the same in the same range of the Roush/Saleen cars, slightly more expensive and collectable, but lets be honest, it's not a Shelby.

20-30 years from now? That may be a different story who knows

Users who are viewing this thread