20k to spend on a new car, what should I get??

AaronK

Established Member
Of course there are plenty of cars that I'd "like" to have, but I need something that gets 30+ mpg on the highway and I can get out the door including TTL for 20k or less. Any ideas?

wjk

Established Member
You could wait till the new focus comes out, though that will be a few months or so. Or possibly a loaded fiesta. Mileage is great, but that's about it...

Planter

Banned
That's what I've been looking at. But starting to look at some 2010 cars and slightly used.

I'd look at some used Toyota Corolla's or the honda civic. both can be had for under $20K, both are highly reliable, get excellent fuel economy (35 mpg +) and will be cheap on insurance.

no need to spend the full $20K. most dealerships offer good prices on their pre-owned program cars, and you don't have to eat the depreciation of buying a new vehicle.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I'm in the same boat! Here are some quotes I got.

New 2011 Fusion SE I4 w/ 201a option pkg
$17,895 after all the rebates
or $19,895 with 0%

New 2011 Corolla, A4 with leather, $16,105 after rebates and that includes free maintenance for 2 years or 25,000 miles.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Acura TL or TL-S!!

Great Interior (w/ Nav.), Nice exterior, great mpg's (I get 22-24 city & 31-35 highway), decently strong v6...I've had mine for about a month and I love it so far.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
if u want good gas mileage, i think toyota is the way too go...
most of there new cars geet 35plus mpg....
but if u want some style i would go with something else.
good luck on your decision

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
Nissan Altima all the way. Great fuel economy, 4 doors, and can fit 4 adults fairly comfortable unlike the smaller cars mentioned. Wife and I had one and it was one of the best cars we have ever owned. Still several 10s out with great rebates and in your price range.

BurninRubb3r

Established Member
personally, i'd look at either civics or like Low said a TL.. they're good priced, reliable, get really good gas mileage, and aren't ugly as sin (like the new mazdas that smile at you... creepy)

Users who are viewing this thread