20K over MSRP at Crossroads Ford in Cary,NC

MYFSTSVT99L

Ingot 2012
Established Member
I was looking at a 12 GT500 and was told $5000 over sticker when now they are available for X-plan in my area. wasn't looking local but was gonna drive for the right color and when I asked why they wouldn't honor X-plan they quite emailing me. Dealers are crazy for marking them up and people that pay that ADM are STUPID.

twinvipers

YOU LOST,DON'T BE A BITCH
Established Member
Twin Viper,
Let me thank you for coming in today. I hope you enjoyed the ride in our Boss 302 that we pulled off the showroom for you. There must have been a misunderstanding about some prices. I quoted you $6500 over sticker for the Black Laguna Seca. We did not discuss the GT500, I had explained to you we are sold out for the year model 2013. I am sorry I could not sell you the Laguna Seca for MSRP. you did mention the fact that you purchased a 2013 GT500 for MSRP, that is a great deal. Congratulations, and thanks again for visiting us today.

Crossroads Ford

Just so you know we just got one for 500.00 below MSRP!!! Was offered 3 more at MSRP. Keep gouging :nonono:

Will stop by when we need an oil filter :)

Last edited:

Davey

Established Member
It warms my heart when I see dealers with $20K markups still sitting on last year's GT500's.

Glad you were able to find a dealership that wasn't out to screw the customer. Why would anyone do business with a dealer that is openly and honestly screwing them?

reason4treason

Established Member
They can "say" whatever they want. Most of them are lying.

But, it is truly amazing that so many car dealers are so back in the stone ages that they've never heard of this thing called the internet! Guys, the game is over. Anyone can find out anything about any subject within 5 minutes or less, including what people are paying for 2013 GT500s. It's called a f-o-r-u-m. It's where people with common interests visit enthusiast websites and share information with each other. :rolleyes:

I would agree that a lot of dealers just do what they do because that's a result of what goes on in their head, not because it's based on external facts to firmly base the decision on. they just want more money, and like someone who searches for a lower price, they're driven. I think it's the disconnection with logic of what's going on in the real world that is the issue. nowadays, internet is the real world for sure, in addition to the virtual features available. I checked on the showroom floor of that dealership I mentioned who always puts a $14,999 on all GT500s, even the 12s they've gotten in the past 2 months, and they still have that new 2008 KR sitting in there with an $82K+ sticker on it...but, no ADM on that! woo-hoo! do ya think there's a reason a new 2008 Shelby is still at your dealership? ya think???

Another side-effect of the internet though that fuels them is by putting an ad on cars.com now they get calls from all over the country. not just anyone who picked up a phone book, so that can add to an inflated sense of certaintly that having an ADM is something far more likely to benefit them than hurt them.

eagle eye

Established Member
ADM's

I have one stalled in the process of being built and it looked like one for sale at Huntersville Ford, Huntersville, NC so I figured I would go on down and take a look. They told me it sold in two days at $15,000 over MSRP...........Wow! I din't see any salesmen wearing guns so I guess the buyer just wanted it that baddddd. Not me.......

A salesman said they sold it in 2 days for 15k over?
Do you really believe him? I don't.
Most car salesman, 99.9%, would lie to their own mother for a sale, or the possibility of a sale.
Right now their are at least 8-12 2013s on e-bay,some going for 5k over, some more. The ones getting for more than 5k are not flying out of the showrooms.

SHELBYSVT20

Established Member
Like Others have said our Shelby's are out there for MSRP!

I've found several on autotrader. Try there there are some for MSRP.

Hey SSThunder...Auto Trader and Cars.Com is where after calling 35+ dealers found one in your area (Paul Miller Ford) for MSRP! Triple black and fully loaded excluding glass roof. It took me some time, a LOT of patience and most of all unwavering persistence. I was turned down every single time but I did NOT give up.

If you want a 2013 Shelby GT500 and are willing to put in the extra effort (phone calls, haggling, traveling, etc.) there is no reason YOU can't find your dream car for MSRP (or less) just like I did.

BTW I know a dealership that has a 2013 Shelby GT500 in route and will be available any day for MSRP. If interested PM me for details and I will help in any way I can! :beer:

Jack

Last edited:

TaraFirma

Established Member
Twin Viper,
Let me thank you for coming in today. I hope you enjoyed the ride in our Boss 302 that we pulled off the showroom for you. There must have been a misunderstanding about some prices. I quoted you $6500 over sticker for the Black Laguna Seca. We did not discuss the GT500, I had explained to you we are sold out for the year model 2013. I am sorry I could not sell you the Laguna Seca for MSRP. you did mention the fact that you purchased a 2013 GT500 for MSRP, that is a great deal. Congratulations, and thanks again for visiting us today.

Crossroads Ford

Some one has google alerts turned on.

Can you explain why you are charging an ADM on a vehicle that isn't limited production?

Disclaimer- I know you have every right to sell the car for whatever you want to sell it for. But selling the car at MSRP is still a gross profit of somewhere between 6-8k depending upon equipment. I don't understand why that's not enough since the average gross profit on a new car is less than $1000. I would take that 6-8k and try to get another one and make another 6-8k.

It's just an unethical practice- and I've been in car dealerships all my life.
Why is it that the dealerships don't even know this? If they think it's limited and refuse to sell anymore, I guess thats a good thing.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I went to my local Ford dealer where I got my Focus to pick up my plates. I asked them if they were getting a Shelby and they said yes, black with black stripes and all the options. MSRP of $69K. Then they said they're adding a $20K ADM. $90K for a Mustang lol.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Because some with more money then sense buys a car for that and they think everyone will. When I wanted my first shelby back in 07 dealers were talking about 68-75K. What the What. My brother picke his up in 08 for 53K once the 09s were announced and it wasn't a two year run. Still didn't sit well with me. I brought an 08Z. 2010 I buy an 11 for 47K with everything but PP that I didn't want.

Fast forward to late 2010 I had to get another Z. Dealer told me it wouldn't leave the showroom for less than 80K. This was in October. April the car is now in the 78K area lol. July they are contacting me seeing if I really want it for 75K if I buy right then. September I offered them 62K just being funny. 12s hit the showroom floor late September. Told them for 63.5 and not a dollar more I would get it provided they throw in all the lies like seat protector, glass etching, and other B.S. that they never do. Next morning the manager told me to come and get my car lololol. All it takes is people to stick together and let the cars sit.

It's hard not having it but when you save 12-20K over what you would have paid for maybe a year it feels even better. But sad to say someone will mess it up for everyone and spend the money because they have it. Only good thing is seeing their face when they find out the car isn't going to be worth anything and they're so called investment is a waste.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I have never paid over MSRP and never will. I prefer to keep my business local, but if the local dealers here are all charging over MSRP, I will have no trouble taking my money and going out of town when I am ready to buy mine.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Twin Viper,

Crossroads Ford

Where'd Mr. Clarification go?:shrug:

carguy19

Established Member
What a joke of a place. I have bought new Ford trucks from them and will NEVER buy there again.

You're faulting a dealer for trying to take a shot and make money on you? Sounds like that was the first price they offered, and judging by the guy from the dealership taking the time to join svt to reply to you concerns and thank you for coming in. That should say something about that dealer. Do you blame the dealer for taking a shot to try and make money??? Thats what they are in business to do. Its your job as a consumer to work your own deal and agree to make a deal.

Sounds like if you asked to speak to upper management instead of blowing the guys spot up on the internet, you could have worked and gotten closer to your ideal number, especially if he is your local dealer.... if you are going to service your cars there and they have a relationship w them in the future, that has to be worth something to you.

I don't understand why people get insulted that a dealer gives a high first price?? People in dealings with the car industry act like they have some type of entitlement that the car industry owes them.

If your are nice, and talk to the guy, or treat any dealer with respect and sit with the owner and/or general manager instead of storming out of the place and bashing them on the internet, Im sure they wont let one of their local, good customers buy a car soemwhere else.

Not trying to start a internet beef here, just giving my 2c, since I've been running car dealerships for 18 years. I'd call the guy on this thread back if I were you and go meet him in person and talk to him like you need a favor and want to deal with them, not like they owe you something because you are one of the million people that want a gt500 right now.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
I think you missed the part where the salesman lied to the prospective customer.

You're faulting a dealer for trying to take a shot and make money on you? Sounds like that was the first price they offered, and judging by the guy from the dealership taking the time to join svt to reply to you concerns and thank you for coming in. That should say something about that dealer. Do you blame the dealer for taking a shot to try and make money??? Thats what they are in business to do. Its your job as a consumer to work your own deal and agree to make a deal.

Sounds like if you asked to speak to upper management instead of blowing the guys spot up on the internet, you could have worked and gotten closer to your ideal number, especially if he is your local dealer.... if you are going to service your cars there and they have a relationship w them in the future, that has to be worth something to you.

I don't understand why people get insulted that a dealer gives a high first price?? People in dealings with the car industry act like they have some type of entitlement that the car industry owes them.

If your are nice, and talk to the guy, or treat any dealer with respect and sit with the owner and/or general manager instead of storming out of the place and bashing them on the internet, Im sure they wont let one of their local, good customers buy a car soemwhere else.

Not trying to start a internet beef here, just giving my 2c, since I've been running car dealerships for 18 years. I'd call the guy on this thread back if I were you and go meet him in person and talk to him like you need a favor and want to deal with them, not like they owe you something because you are one of the million people that want a gt500 right now.

carguy19

Established Member
I think you missed the part where the salesman lied to the prospective customer.

The only thing I saw there that was a lie was that he said ' OTHER DEALERS ARE SELLING THEM FOR 40G.

Dealers open up pricing high, just like us consumers open up the negotiations with a low price.

vanhagar

Established Member
I'll take two at that price....one for a DD and one for the weekends...or a summer/winter combo, or odd/even days....shit give me 3 so I have one to lock away!!

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
The only thing I saw there that was a lie was that he said ' OTHER DEALERS ARE SELLING THEM FOR 40G.

Dealers open up pricing high, just like us consumers open up the negotiations with a low price.

Correct. They dealer got lambasted here because his salesman is a liar.

Users who are viewing this thread