20K over MSRP at Crossroads Ford in Cary,NC

twinvipers

YOU LOST,DON'T BE A BITCH
Established Member
So I went with my business partner this morning to look at a Laguna Seca for himself.

They have one on the floor and want 15k over MSRP for it. He offered to buy it at MSRP on the spot and the manger literally just walked away.

I then asked about GT500's. I was told they got 20k over MSRP for evey one and they could get me one for that also.

He said they are selling at other dealers for 40k over MSRP:bash:

What a joke of a place. I have bought new Ford trucks from them and will NEVER buy there again.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
dude check around, there is a guy on here who is a dealer in CT, hes offering one for MSRP

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
You just have to dig around. I bought my '12 Boss at Lafayette in Fayetteville for sticker.

twinvipers

Established Member
Thanks guys

I have another forum member who is gettig me mine for MSRP.

Orange
Do you know if they have a 13 LS in stock?

Dick Lyon

Established Member
I have one stalled in the process of being built and it looked like one for sale at Huntersville Ford, Huntersville, NC so I figured I would go on down and take a look. They told me it sold in two days at $15,000 over MSRP...........Wow! I din't see any salesmen wearing guns so I guess the buyer just wanted it that baddddd. Not me.......

chris1badL

Established Member
I just bought a new 5.0 Friday from Dale Jarrett Ford in Monroe, NC. Guy said they sold there 2013 in under an hour for $15k over sticker as well. Crazy...

Last edited:

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Orange
Do you know if they have a 13 LS in stock?

Not sure. Call and ask sales for Woody and he may be able to reserve one if they don't have it immediately. Reserved their first Boss with 1K down in Feb '11 and picked up a month later--the wait was the only rough part.

CMaxa

Crossroads visit

Twin Viper,
Let me thank you for coming in today. I hope you enjoyed the ride in our Boss 302 that we pulled off the showroom for you. There must have been a misunderstanding about some prices. I quoted you $6500 over sticker for the Black Laguna Seca. We did not discuss the GT500, I had explained to you we are sold out for the year model 2013. I am sorry I could not sell you the Laguna Seca for MSRP. you did mention the fact that you purchased a 2013 GT500 for MSRP, that is a great deal. Congratulations, and thanks again for visiting us today.

Crossroads Ford

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
Twin Viper,
Let me thank you for coming in today. I hope you enjoyed the ride in our Boss 302 that we pulled off the showroom for you. There must have been a misunderstanding about some prices. I quoted you $6500 over sticker for the Black Laguna Seca. We did not discuss the GT500, I had explained to you we are sold out for the year model 2013. I am sorry I could not sell you the Laguna Seca for MSRP. you did mention the fact that you purchased a 2013 GT500 for MSRP, that is a great deal. Congratulations, and thanks again for visiting us today.

Crossroads Ford

You COULD have sold him the Laguna Seca, or any car at MSRP; only chose not to.

It's okay that you didn't do it, but try to cover it up better than saying you COULDN'T when you could.

You remind me of a dealer who put a 2013 GT500 on OVE for near $80,000. Ridiculous, especially for an OVE sale.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Some one has google alerts turned on.

Can you explain why you are charging an ADM on a vehicle that isn't limited production?

Disclaimer- I know you have every right to sell the car for whatever you want to sell it for. But selling the car at MSRP is still a gross profit of somewhere between 6-8k depending upon equipment. I don't understand why that's not enough since the average gross profit on a new car is less than $1000. I would take that 6-8k and try to get another one and make another 6-8k.

It's just an unethical practice- and I've been in car dealerships all my life.

Last edited:

twinvipers

Established Member
I was told by your salesman 20k over MSRP for the GT500 and that is what he said you sold them for already. I told him that was crazy and he said "well they paid it"

As soon as Frank offered you MSRP you literally just walked away.

I will NEVER buy from Crossroads Ford again.

You can see what the fellow SVT members think of your practices:)

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Lately I have been visiting a lot of Ford dealerships, and its not just Crossroads. I have noticed a rise in prices on these 'special' Fords...
Sorry but I have always had great sales service from Crossroads Ford.

twinvipers

Established Member
Lately I have been visiting a lot of Ford dealerships, and its not just Crossroads. I have noticed a rise in prices on these 'special' Fords...

Did you ever pay over MSRP from them?

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member

I've had excellent service at their service department, can't vouch for sales.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Did you ever pay over MSRP from them?

No never went after a GT500 or Boss... I am not sticking up for them just never experienced this so I have liked their service. :shrug:
Dont you own a Car Dealership in Raleigh TwinVipers?

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I just bought a new 5.0 Friday from Dale Jarrett Ford in Monroe, NC. Guy said they sold there 2013 in under an hour for $15k over sticker as well. Crazy...

They can "say" whatever they want. Most of them are lying.

But, it is truly amazing that so many car dealers are so back in the stone ages that they've never heard of this thing called the internet! Guys, the game is over. Anyone can find out anything about any subject within 5 minutes or less, including what people are paying for 2013 GT500s. It's called a f-o-r-u-m. It's where people with common interests visit enthusiast websites and share information with each other. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread