20A or 40A Kenne Bell BAP?

Matt-'00GT

Established Member
I have searched for half an hour and can't find any info regarding the 20A vs 40A BAP.

I will be running the Stage IV Eaton w/ a 2.93 pulley (no lower) 60lb injectors, and SCT 2400 MAF.

Thanks.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My 40 amp has a 30 Amp fuse on the cable that runs from the BAP. Is this correct? Need to know before the install.

-Jeff

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I am starting to wonder. I have the 20 AMP version and it works perfect. I started looking at old threads and it appears the 40 AMP is the popular choice. Why? My 20 AMP works great. At only 15% gain the FPDC is at 85%. I couldn't ask for better results.

:shrug: :shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
HISSMAN said:
My 40 amp has a 30 Amp fuse on the cable that runs from the BAP. Is this correct? Need to know before the install.

-Jeff

Anyone???

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yes Jeff, that is correct. There are 2 fuses involved with the BAP upgrade. Have to switch the 20 amp under the hood to a 30 amp. And the red "fused" line coming out of the BAP has a 30 amp in it out of the box. When you do the wire upgrade, you'll need a 40 amp fuse placed about 12 inches from the battery on the upgraded wire from to the trunk.

So there are actually three fuses involved when doing the wire upgrade and only 2 with BAP only install.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
HISSMAN said:

-Jeff
Jeff,

The 40amp model does actually come with a 30amp fuse. I dont know why that is but its right. Mine has the same. I called KB about it when I was installing mine b/c I was confused but they said that was right. :thumbsup:

-Graycen

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Thank you both, now I can continue with the install. I have been posting this question for a week now in other threads and boards, and this is the first response I have received. KB wouldn't contact me back either. I have just been sitting and waiting. Thanks :)

-Jeff

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Thank you both, now I can continue with the install. I have been posting this question for a week now in other threads and boards, and this is the first response I have received. KB wouldn't contact me back either. I have just been sitting and waiting. Thanks :)

-Jeff
Sorry about that man. Should have sent a PM. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread