2024 Ranger to have Optional 2.7

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And, of course, the Raptor model will offer a 3.0 liter EB engine with 405 horsepower and 430-pound-feet of torque.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Finally the 2.7 is an option on the Ranger (3.0 on the Raptor of course). Too bad the 7 speed manual from the Bronco didn't make it over. Other counties have a manual option on the non-Raptor Ranger. It would be nice to ditch the shitty 10R80.

This Raptor should be really nice and scoot pretty good. Needs deeper gears with those 33's though. I believe it has 3.73 just like my Ranger. I run 32's, but I am also a few hundred pounds lighter I am sure.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Interesting... The new '24 Ranger will have optional 2.7 V6, 310hp/400ft-lbs.(XLT/Lariat trims)
I know a lot of guys don't like the looks...but as hard as the tuned 2.7 F150's run...the same combo in a smaller package could be fairly quick.
https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2024/
The 2.7 should have been an option from the git-go. I agree on looks. I think my generation looks much better. This one is too Maverick looking in the front. They kind of phoned in the looks.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Is the ranger aluminum like the 150?
Hood and front fenders. Haven't tested anything else with a magnet, but these I know for sure. I believe the rest is steel. It is still decently light. At least the 5G is. Not sure about this new 6G.

Ford specs mine (2019 supercab 4x4) at 4,354 lbs. So say 4,400 or so. The supercrew of my generation in 4x4 is listed by Ford as being 4,441. The 2wd versions all list at 200lbs lighter.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
This kinda shit makes me want to get back into the oil field and make good money again, but hate my ****ing life.

Users who are viewing this thread