2021 Shelby GT500 front Recaro seats retrofit into S197

Poisonous West

Established Member
Last year I bought a set of brand new 2021 GT500 front Recaro seat at a very very unbelievable low price (this opportunity won't happen again).

I started searching on internet try to find out anyone have ever retrofit the S550 Recaro front seat into S197 body and came across 2 videos on Youtube.

The driver side seat is actually quite easy and I can even reuse the existing 2021 wiring harness and connector with minor modification along with the new 2021 seat track position sensor. All I need is to remove the unnecessary extra wires and re-arrange the wirings terminals match to the original seat. The (2) rear securing attachments is the same. The front are different which requires (2) custom 80 degree bend brackets with M10 bolts to lock down the seat. In order to retain the seat airbag function I bought the Ford airbag delete connectors and removes the 2 ohms resistor and wire back to the seat air bag terminals.

The passenger seat is little more works since it has the OCS and bladder system. I can for sure to say you need to reuse your original OCS module in order to prevent the airbag light goes on the dash. You need to either buy a used passenger seat wiring harness or reuse your existing one. You don't even need to reuse your old seat belt buckle.

One of the pictures below shows 3 OCS modules side by side. the one with prefix AR33 is from a 2010 MY. The far left with prefix BR33 and suffix change level of AB with GREEN marking is from my 2011 MY. The center one with BR33 and the same suffix change level of AB with ORANGE marking is from another 2011 MY. I try all 3 and the ONLY one that prevent the airbag light turn on is from my original 2011 MY OCS module.

For those that want to install the S550 Recaro seat from a GT / GT350 / GT500 can be done quite easily. It just takes some time and make some custom brackets.

Attachments

• Capture - 1.JPG
    Capture - 1.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 523
  • Capture - 2.JPG
    Capture - 2.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 341
  • Capture - 3.JPG
    Capture - 3.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 301
  • Capture - 4.JPG
    Capture - 4.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 243
  • Capture - 5.JPG
    Capture - 5.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 245

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You obviously are mechanically gifted, and know exactly what you're doing. That's a really nice swap, both in looks and operation. Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread