Established Member
2021 Lotus Evora GT
Aubergine Purple
2,616 miles
V6/6 speed manual
416HP/332TQ
0-60: 3.8
Top Speed: 188mph

Client recently picked this up to add to his collection of Aubergine Lotuses. (He has 3!!, loves this color) Paint had a lot of water spots and typical swirls. Vehicle is going to get some vinyl graphics so it was requested that just a paint correction be performed and no ceramic coating at this time.

The ‘details’:

Adam’s shampoo, tire & rubber, and wheel cleaner.
McKee’s37 APC.
Medium clay mitt.
McKee’s37 hydro blue.
Master Blaster to dry.
DeFelsko PTG.
Scangrip lighting.
Flex 3401, XCE 8, pixie, Rupes iBrid.
LC and other pads.
Griot’s FCC and Perfecting Creams.
Optimum panel wipe.
McKee’s37 hi def paint sealant.
GYEON tire.
Metro vacuum.
McKee’s37 leather lotion.
Graphene interior detailer.
Auto finesse glass cleaner.

Thanks for looking!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a stunning exotic ride. Yeah, that paint color is off the charts. Awesome detailing. You really made it POP!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I may have already asked this question at some point, Scott, but what would you guess is your average time investment per vehicle in your detailing jobs?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
That color is fantastic. I can see why he likes it so much. And once again another great job.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the comments!

Bob, I stopped keeping track of time a long time ago...it's done when it's done! But my guestimate would be 16 hours ish.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And that was for the paint correction, right? Do most paint corrections take about the same amount of time, on average? How many hours to do a full ceramic coating (body, glass, wheels)?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
There are a lot of variables Bob, paint type, thickness, hardness, etc. Also the type of vehicle panels-curved, flat, intricate intakes/scoops etc.

I've had some take the better of 2 days to complete, others got knocked out in a day give or take.

So sorry, no definitive answer!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No worries. I was just curious. That makes total sense that the time would vary based on those parameters and more. My buddy does detailing and is really great at what he does. I'm always intrigued with the "art" of vehicle detailing.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Great job! Color is cool. I had a Tama drum set that was a dark purple with metallic flakes in it, this reminds me of it. Detailing is a lot of work, most people don't understand the effort involved.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great job! Color is cool. I had a Tama drum set that was a dark purple with metallic flakes in it, this reminds me of it. Detailing is a lot of work, most people don't understand the effort involved.
Honestly, I never truly did until I had both my G70 and GV70 detailed and ceramic coated by my close friend. I saw exactly it's all done and I'll always respect and appreciate good detailers. It is NOT easy work. Very time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread