2021 Bronco

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sid,
Do you know when they are supposed to release more info? Everything I am finding says 2.3 EB but I imagine its all to get the clicks coming in....

It'll be shown in June.

Considering Ford botched the 1/2 ton diesel option in F150, maybe they offer it in Bronco as a mea culpa.

I imagine it'll depend on how the diesel Wrangler sells. I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
What do you mean botched? I havent been following the F150 diesel too much
Ford only offered the 3.0L Power Stroke V6 Turbo Diesel in the highest trim levels of the F150 at launch; Limited and Platinum . People who wanted the 3.0L PS in a more affordable truck couldnt get it. Its now offered in the XLT+ trim level. Its better but its slow roll out (like everything else Ford does these days) didnt do them favors.

Meanwhile at FCA, you can get the EcoDiesel in the lowest Trim level in both the Ram 1500 and now the Wrangler. I believe that will continue with the Gladiator later this year and Dakota when its relaunched.

It would be silly and unfortunate if Ford was willing to offer an EcoBoost, but not a high torque diesel in the Bronco.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford only offered the 3.0L Power Stroke V6 Turbo Diesel in the highest trim levels of the F150 at launch; Limited and Platinum . People who wanted the 3.0L PS in a more affordable truck couldnt get it. Its now offered in the XLT+ trim level. Its better but its slow roll out (like everything else Ford does these days) didnt do them favors.

Meanwhile at FCA, you can get the EcoDiesel in the lowest Trim level in both the Ram 1500 and now the Wrangler. I believe that will continue with the Gladiator later this year and Dakota when its relaunched.

It would be silly and unfortunate if Ford was willing to offer an EcoBoost, but not a high torque diesel in the Bronco.

talk about piss poor marketing, I had no idea this was even a thing

blk02edge

Established Member

Lol what a fail... Not suprised

96dreamer

Established Member
Looks like rear control arms at 16 seconds and sure looks like a solid axle around the 40 second mark as well. All info to this point has suggested it will be a solid axle ifs setup.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like rear control arms at 16 seconds and sure looks like a solid axle around the 40 second mark as well. All info to this point has suggested it will be a solid axle ifs setup.
i think you’re right, but the rear at 41 seconds was playing tricks on me lol. i see them earlier at 16s like you mentioned now. i was having a huge wtf moment.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's the same basic suspension as the Ford Everest:

ford-everest-sport-5e604e24ad9ff.jpg

1545633902679_GRT201JA3.2-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread