2020 Corvette C8 Blue convertible - CQuartz Finest Reserve

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice work!

Sorry, however, I can not get excited about the "canvas" (sorry again)
You echo my own sentiments about the C8. It just doesn't hit me as being a Corvette. I much more prefer the C7. I can't get used to the new Ford GT, either.

But that C8 is really, really looking good after Mike's intensive detailing. The paint color is nice and it really pops now. The wheels, brakes, interior, tires....everything just POPS! Six days of work is likely a hefty price tag, but I'm sure the owner was very satisfied with the result. Mike and Scott are miracle detailers of the highest caliber.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a question for Mike or Scott. Does detailing a car to this degree, or close to it, increase the value of a nice car being sold to the point where the detailing work pays for itself and then some? I ask because if that Vette was for sale, the super clean appearance outside and inside would definitely affect me decision to buy it. It would seem to be a real plus for a car owner to detail a car being put up for sale to attract buyers. Especially when selling locally where the buyer will actually come look the car over.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
You echo my own sentiments about the C8. It just doesn't hit me as being a Corvette. I much more prefer the C7. I can't get used to the new Ford GT, either.

But that C8 is really, really looking good after Mike's intensive detailing. The paint color is nice and it really pops now. The wheels, brakes, interior, tires....everything just POPS! Six days of work is likely a hefty price tag, but I'm sure the owner was very satisfied with the result. Mike and Scott are miracle detailers of the highest caliber.

i don't understand the hate on the C8. it looks exotic, is the beef with the midship design?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Here's a question for Mike or Scott. Does detailing a car to this degree, or close to it, increase the value of a nice car being sold to the point where the detailing work pays for itself and then some? I ask because if that Vette was for sale, the super clean appearance outside and inside would definitely affect me decision to buy it. It would seem to be a real plus for a car owner to detail a car being put up for sale to attract buyers. Especially when selling locally where the buyer will actually come look the car over.
I'm not Mike or Scott but, in my experience, the answer is yes. I've sold a few cars that were exceptionally well-detailed and maintained. I asked and received high-end dollars for each, with the buyers commenting that the cars' condition was a motivator for them to buy. Did I get back every dollar I put into them? Probably not, but I'm comfortable that the extra enjoyment we got from the vehicle and top-of-market prices we got for them were worth the investment.

i don't understand the hate on the C8. it looks exotic, is the beef with the midship design?
I don't want to derail Mike's thread but, FWIW, here's my perspective... I've had a 2013 GT500 since new and I added a new 2019 C7 Z06 to the stable last year. I have no intention of "upgrading" either in the foreseeable future. Major motivators (for me) were seeig the C8 (and new GT500) and learning both are unavailable with three pedals. Both cars' appearance and limited transmission options leave me disinterested in either. I strongly prefer the C7's styling and proportions over the C8's. (I think the C8's rearend looks awful!) Similarly, I think the S197's classic muscle car styling looks much better than the new GT500. In the end, it's all about taste and each prospective buyer's personal preferences in their "fun" car(s).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, for me it's more the exotic look overall, as with the Ford GT. The C7 looks like a Vette. The C8 looks like an exotic. I mean, it's one hell of a car and good looking. It just doesn't look like a Vette anymore. Of course, 5+ years from now it WILL look like a Vette because we'll be much more acclimated to the new design. Then again.....

I know you'd like to get one, and if you do I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. It is one very impressive car, in so many ways. I guess I love it, but don't like it. LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not Mike or Scott but, in my experience, the answer is yes. I've sold a few cars that were exceptionally well-detailed and maintained. I asked and received high-end dollars for each, with the buyers commenting that the cars' condition was a motivator for them to buy. Did I get back every dollar I put into them? Probably not, but I'm comfortable that the extra enjoyment we got from the vehicle and top-of-market prices we got for them were worth the investment.

I don't want to derail Mike's thread but, FWIW, here's my perspective... I've had a 2013 GT500 since new and I added a new 2019 C7 Z06 to the stable last year. I have no intention of "upgrading" either in the foreseeable future. Major motivators (for me) were seeig the C8 (and new GT500) and learning both are unavailable with three pedals. Both cars' appearance and limited transmission options leave me disinterested in either. I strongly prefer the C7's styling and proportions over the C8's. (I think the C8's rearend looks awful!) Similarly, I think the S197's classic muscle car styling looks much better than the new GT500. In the end, it's all about taste and each prospective buyer's personal preferences in their "fun" car(s).
I almost missed your post. Thanks for your comment on my question. It confirms what I believe. Get your car detailed (unless it's in bad shape) before putting it up for sale unless it already looks pristine. A car's condition is usually high on a would-be buyer's list. Thanks.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
No, for me it's more the exotic look overall, as with the Ford GT. The C7 looks like a Vette. The C8 looks like an exotic. I mean, it's one hell of a car and good looking. It just doesn't look like a Vette anymore. Of course, 5+ years from now it WILL look like a Vette because we'll be much more acclimated to the new design. Then again.....

I know you'd like to get one, and if you do I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. It is one very impressive car, in so many ways. I guess I love it, but don't like it. LOL.

that's a fair assessment. i like the new look. interior is kinda weird but all new cars are sorta that way.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Bob: In my personal opinion, not professional, I would say yes. Most people in the market for a vehicle can tell that one over another has been very well maintained, taken care of, and loved by the previous/current owner.

I know that when I look to purchase a vehicle, that is very high on my list.

So, bottom line, yep, I think that it would definitely help a seller achieve a higher sale price as well as a quicker sale.

efurlong

Established Member
I agree about "not liking" the new Ford GT as well as the C8. I bought a 2005 Ford GT in 2005. I thought it was one of the most beautiful vehicles I'd ever laid eyes on. The new GT...not so much. Too exotic. Does nothing for me. Same with the C8...I've owned many corvettes. The C8 is way to exotic. Turns me off, just like the Ford GT. No doubt...probably just getting old. ha ha.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ive seen those wheels on a local C8 in red and I have to say they are just god awful ugly! Like ruins the whole car! They're so ****ing cheesy I just dont get it. it looks like he put (4) spare rim/tires on his car smfh.

But holy smokes thats one helluva detail looks amazing!

And the car looks a ton better naked with no wing like this.

C4026E29-26A4-4A26-9BA9-09CD762B4A94_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread