2020 C8 Corvette Z51 vs Mustang Shelby GT500 // DRAG RACE, ROLL RACE & LAP TIMES

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Corvette if very impressive even though I hate to admit it. lol
We compare the GT500 to the Vette when actually the ZL1 is more in it's class. The ZL1 does very well also.
GT500 should of had a Eco-Boost 5.2 with 900 hp. Maybe then she would have cleaned house.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
We compare the GT500 to the Vette when actually the ZL1 is more in it's class. The ZL1 does very well also.

Yeah I've never been able to fully understand this either which is why I've mostly kept my mouth shut. Four seat front engine muscle car compared to a now mid engine two-seat sports car. Evidently because they're both all-new and have handling capabilities they must compete in the same segment/class.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
GT500 should of had a Eco-Boost 5.2 with 900 hp. Maybe then she would have cleaned house.

They have it. I saw a prototype in 2013. The Ford Engineers said it was going in the 2015 GT500.....

As far as testing these two cars together it makes sense as they are very close MRSP. The Camaro is 35% less than the GT500 with very similar track numbers.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Good video. Honestly these things always turn into pissing matches rather then just enjoying 2 great cars. Completely different setups but both awesome. Interesting enough the ZL1 LE has some serious track guts. Roll racing and 1/4 racing the GT500 has a big advantage

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If only GM released a refreshed camaro with an LT5 and DCT, game over for the GT500.

That'd be a swell idea! Helps keep the pony cars wars alive. Gotta strike while the iron's hot. Pretty soon we'll all be stuck with autonomous, soulless, electric turd cans.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Yeah I've never been able to fully understand this either which is why I've mostly kept my mouth shut. Four seat front engine muscle car compared to a now mid engine two-seat sports car. Evidently because they're both all-new and have handling capabilities they must compete in the same segment/class.

Ford has been insistent that the Mustang is a sports car. Every media release from them seems to highlight that.

You get what you ask for.

Last edited:

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Or you get what Ford thinks you want...

No kidding.
On one hand, I understand some of what they're doing. The average consumer is content with boring, bland, mundane, A to B utility so why not focus on the majority of car buyers. But on the other hand, there's still plenty of us who actually enjoy driving. Leave the boring crap to the import manufacturers. This is America and we demand American muscle, dammit! lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
That'd be a swell idea! Helps keep the pony cars wars alive. Gotta strike while the iron's hot. Pretty soon we'll all be stuck with autonomous, soulless, electric turd cans.
Exactly, we're gonna have 3v days all over again. Ford will be chasing electric car performance. FML

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
These guys don't appear to be great or even good drivers as I disagree on so much in their spiel and results...They are not close in price and they certainly exaggerate the Ford's gas guzzling...As for the results, the GT should have run down the C8 in the drag race, the GT should have put 5/6 lengths in the roll race and not 1 1/2 as they did and finally even with the 4 LONG straights on their road course I suspect the C8 with a bigger gap than 3 tenths...Fair would have been switching drivers for all 3 segments...They obviously had a C8 agenda.

Z06

Established Member
Well done C8! With “only” 490-495hp, them Z boys coming for blood.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
No doubt, I think it is safe to say, that the Corvette has finally left the Challenger, Mustang and Camaro behind. The Z is going to be bonkers.

Users who are viewing this thread