2020 Base GT500 in town now...

svt662

Established Member
So someone posted earlier... the 2013 is the last car that Carroll Shelby had any involvement with, correct? That may make a difference historically speaking.
The 2013 will be a future collector cars 100%

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
In his own words...

Great video! I point to it every time someone claims Carroll had nothing to do with our cars. :cool:

Here's another one I like when someone claims ours aren't 200MPH cars...

It took Ford 6 MY's to arrive @:
The same 0 to 60 results.
20 MPH lower top end speed.
View attachment 1666096
So, you're saying the 2020 is NOT "heads and shoulders a better car in every way" or "far superior in every way performance wise"? How can that be...? ;)

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Now THIS... is a Troll Post LOL

No more of a troll post than the one that asserts an 11 second car with 100 less horsepower, shifted by a notchy manual trans, delivering power through an unconnected solid rear axle, is FASTER or QUICKER, or stronger in any performance metric than the 2020 GT500.

I love nostalgia... but making assertions like the above is just foolish blind allegiance.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
No more of a troll post than the one that asserts an 11 second car with 100 less horsepower, shifted by a notchy manual trans, delivering power through an unconnected solid rear axle, is FASTER or QUICKER, or stronger in any performance metric than the 2020 GT500.

You’re assuming my car is stock? Hmm. Interesting...

Tezz500

Established Member

I love nostalgia... but making assertions like the above is just foolish blind allegiance.

So yes, I’m curious how well my car that weighs 300-400lbs less, makes more that 100+HP and 140+TQ at the wheel than a stock 2020, shifts smooth as butter, and has plenty of suspension upgrades will do against a 2020 Shelby GT500.... I think that’s a reasonable non trolling question to pose....

RockChalk

Established Member
So yes, I’m curious how well my car that weighs 300-400lbs less, makes more that 100+HP and 140+TQ at the wheel than a stock 2020, shifts smooth as butter, and has plenty of suspension upgrades will do against a 2020 Shelby GT500.... I think that’s a reasonable non trolling question to pose....
For one thing - for certain, your car will most definitely look better than a 2020.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Mod for mod the 2020 butt****s your dinosaur. Sorry... gotta get with the times, chief.

And for much cheaper i might add. Why? Because the new car's engine is based on the superior Coyote.

Tezz500

Established Member
Mod for mod the 2020 butt****s your dinosaur. Sorry... gotta get with the times, chief.

And for much cheaper i might add. Why? Because the new car's engine is based on the superior Coyote.

Ohhh Mod for Mod... what’s the best we’ve seen out of a 93 pump gas 2020 Shelby....

And I mean if you wanna talk Mod for Mod then we can talk Dollar for Dollar right? Or you don’t wanna touch that one...

Tezz500

Established Member
We all know who the true KING is...

6c3764c9bd6a4749ff1798ad13ec92cc.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
We all know who the true KING is...

View attachment 1666195

Haha nice. I had an 07 and loved it.

The "my car, my mods" argument doesnt work because there is no stationary goal post. Insert "my 1000whp civic that cost me $20k to build will destroy _____"

And besides, all of the other New Balance wearers in this thread are spending their money on chrome brake fluid covers and paint-matched front splitters.... not go-fast mods like you so........youre the outlier in this group.

Tezz500

Established Member
Haha nice. I had an 07 and loved it.

The "my car, my mods" argument doesnt work because there is no stationary goal post. Insert "my 1000whp civic that cost me $20k to build will destroy _____"

And besides, all of the other New Balance wearers in this thread are spending their money on chrome brake fluid covers and paint-matched front splitters.... not go-fast mods like you so........youre the outlier in this group.

My fav is the "fuel door" or window louvers." *sips monster energy* now those are some real mods.

Users who are viewing this thread