2019 Z06 help!

TERMN8U

Established Member
Hey guys,
Put an AFE cold air on my new Z tonight. Got in a rush and forgot to plug in the maf, drove it from the garage to the road and plugged it back in. The check engine light is staying on. Any ideas?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Disconnect battery for however long it needs to reset the code history and restart. It also may stay on until you do so drive cycles but I’d also recommend the self reader.
-J

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Pull the negative cable for five to ten minutes. Or go to a local auto parts store and have them clear it for free. If you have a tuner left from a previous vehicle you should be able to read or clear codes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TERMN8U

Established Member
I just woke up from a night filled with nightmares of having pulled the computer out of the car, removed the hood and other components and not being able to find any of the screws and bolts, or remember how to put it all back together. Now I’m rethinking weather I want to mod this brand new car so heavily. :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know where your head is at. Honestly, if I bought a new Z06, I'd leave it 100% stock and enjoy it. I thought of tuning my G-70 (which is nowhere near the performance you have in your Z), but decided to just leave it stock and enjoy what I have. I remember when I tuned my 2016 Edge Sport, I ended up with transmission shift issues. They modified the tune but I still have shift issues. When I tuned my 2014 Mini Cooper S, I have issues as well. I did mod my 2003 Cobra with excellent reliability, but I'm just content with leaving stuff alone. Maybe it's my old age. LOL.

TERMN8U

Established Member
I hear ya Bob. I drove the car around this morning and re started it a few times, the light went out and it’s working great now!
mods are back on. Lol.
Anyone know if these motors have any issues that I should know about before I burn the warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread