2019 Shelby Super Snake Ford Mustang Widebody - Video

trev0006

Established Member

Powered by an 800 horsepower supercharged Ford 5.0L V8, the Super Snake launches from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. With new suspension and brakes, it carves up the road course with ease. And yet it is so tractable, able to roll down the street like a king on its Shelby 20 inch forged aluminum wheels and high performance tires. Widebody and suspension options are also available for the ultimate in style and handling.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I like it minus the widebody.
I wonder if it's available minus the widebody?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It says widebody option???
Cool. Gotta be honest, I didn't watch the video. lol
There's a forum member on the other Mustang site that has one on order. It should be complete this summer, iirc.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
It's fugly, but does look like it has been redesigned and lowered in the front so that the people no longer get stuck under the car hindering its ability to prey limiting mobility allowing it to slice through dinner like a butter knife. Seriously F ford now the 5.0 is out played.. I could maybe see this working better with less backlash in a standard GT500... but F come on... a SS?!:eek: stop being bitches build a new version of the VooDoo that's meant to handle boost and mop up that disgusting mess of the new FGT V6 crap. C6's are looking better and better now. This is once again another catfish hyped GT and having the option for the new auto a boosted VD would have been a way better way to go. Sounds good tho, just like the other Terminators and newer GTs that drive around me constantly.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's fugly, but does look like it has been redesigned and lowered in the front so that the people no longer get stuck under the car hindering its ability to prey limiting mobility allowing it to slice through dinner like a butter knife. Seriously F ford now the 5.0 is out played.. I could maybe see this working better with less backlash in a standard GT500... but F come on... a SS?!:eek: stop being bitches build a new version of the VooDoo that's meant to handle boost and mop up that disgusting mess of the new FGT V6 crap. C6's are looking better and better now. This is once again another catfish hyped GT and having the option for the new auto a boosted VD would have been a way better way to go. Sounds good tho, just like the other Terminators and newer GTs that drive around me constantly.

You know that car isn't from Ford, right?

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I liked the sema concept version more.
IMG_0946.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
Lots of competition in the 5.0 market.
Indeed. I wonder if a stock body boosted by PO GT is the only option for mid 30s or better or if anything like the boosted Roush etc are available used around same price. Be nice to be able to get a nicer looking body + boost for that money

merkyworks

Established Member
Wide body isn't to bad looking, that hood however is just hideous. The concept pic posted above does look better though.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
3.5 sec. 0 to 60.....................just like the stock 2014 GT500's !!

The Super Snakes haven't accelerated any faster than standard GT500s of the same year/model since the 2010 or 2011 model. Twenty inch wheels and 275 rubber wasn't doing it any favors. Based on the numbers, a dig race had them dead even all the way through the 1/4. A roll race would probably be another story. (Heck, the standard GT500 was quicker/faster than the '11-'14 SAI GT350.) Now that I think about it, as many Super Snakes that have been sold, I don't recall ever seeing videos of one racing. The owners must be hard parking them at C&C events then taking them straight back to their bubble-wrapped stalls in their garages.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wide body isn't to bad looking, that hood however is just hideous. The concept pic posted above does look better though.

I agree about the hood. LOOKS aftermarket in a negative way. The hood on the new GT-500 (latest photo) looks so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I love my Shelby's but I see no reason to buy these cars from Shelby.

I like the performance and such, but over priced and they are not collector cars.

Wait for the new GT500, or buy a 2018 GT and mod it yourself.

E

Users who are viewing this thread